Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
I like that Circles film montage in the pitch reel, except the end of that montage sourt've bothers me...

LadyVader

Reaction score
where was R. franklin? where was all the meat of the shows? I didn't get why it was so cut up? I just hope they do better on the next one because i was really wanting more and i feel i got less.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Marky said:
Dude, back then, we dealt with the boring stuff. There weren't 500 satellite channels to pick from. Changing the channel in mid-show was not a common thing to do. SS had TONS of boring stuff in it. That crying baby milk film was boring at the time, it's hilarious in retrospect though.

I don't think there needs to be a full season set anyways (apart from the point Barkley dog avatar person (sorry, it's eary) made. It's all the best of. I'm pretty sure Vol. 2 will be 1975-1979. Being born in 1973, I'll probably get that one for nostalgia reasons, and that's it. I mean, it's not like SS is the Muppet Show, something I can watch over and over again as an adult.
That fine but a lot of people like it so keep it to yourself.

Rubber Duckie

Reaction score
heralde said:
Oh! I definitely want to see the old PBS logo!
Well, the PBS logo on the DVD is the the logo used from the early seventies up to around the mid eighties. You know, the tri coloured P-Heads logo with the words Public Broadcasting Service appearing underneath the logo, which is one I like.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
LadyVader said:
where was R. franklin? where was all the meat of the shows? I didn't get why it was so cut up? I just hope they do better on the next one because i was really wanting more and i feel i got less.
I think it makes perfect sense that the first set focuses on the first five season premiers, and I think it's just a coincidence that in these episodes Roosevelt only made a one-line cameo and a few more background appearances. The Count, Herry Monster, and Prairie Dawn don't make too many appearances on the set, either. I do think that this set should have had at least one bonus skit that starred Roosevelt Franklin. I have a feeling that Roosevelt will be on the next set. If it's the season premiers from 1974-1979, then Roosevelt will probably have more to do. The season 6 and 7 premiers both had skits starring Roosevelt Franklin. And if they are not the later premiers, then maybe there will be some epsiodes that featured skits starring him (or maybe he'll star in a bonus skit).

Davina

Reaction score
my questionis.. what's the actual difference between the "modern tot" and us "old time tots"?? i mean, really.. it makes it sound like they've been upgraded or something that i'm pretty sure we're not capable of doing yet.. and shouldn't if we are....

Davina

Reaction score
sorry.. was meant more as a rhetroical question.. :smile:

kajja

Reaction score
OK! I need your help!!! This DVD has not been released in Australia, and the American DVD's are all region 1 coded and will not play in our DVD players! Is there sks that could somehow get a copy to me that will play PAL or Region 4? I'm desperate!
Please email me balmoral7@bipgond.com I will reimburse expenses!
Cheers
Kate

Censored

Reaction score
Although I wish the DVD set had included episodes that were not shown on Noggin (or at the very least, unedited episodes from Noggin), the bonus material well made up for any disappointments. I loved seeing the vintage skits that I never saw before (or at least don't remember) with Big Bird and Little Bird, orange Oscar singing I Love Trash, etc. I also loved revisiting old skits that I had not seen for 30 years such as Johnny Cash singing to Oscar or the original version of Big Bird singing the "alphabet song." The only mistake they made with the bonus stuff was showing the "sweetened" version of alphabet soup (I'd be more inclined to call it "soured"). Why the updated version with background music was chosen for an "Old School" DVD set is beyond me. Still, it was well worth buying overall.