1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Puppet Up Special on TBS

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by Phillip, Nov 20, 2006.

1. alorindanya

alorindanya Member

I wonder if he could still do Hoggle (I hope he can since that's my favorite voice of his).
  2. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Come on! His dad only had two voices. Three, tops! :) :sympathy:

But, I didn't think he was half bad. He did a few different voices. The warthog, for one. I just think people tend to use what they're comfortable with when put on the spot like that.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I don't know, Cruiser from The Christmas Toy and Dr. Phil Van Neuter have totally different voices (even though you can still tell it's Brian).
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Nathan Lane is very open about being homosexual. Just wanted to set the record straight without a doubt. :)
  5. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

.... *opens mouth to comment* ....

*says nothing*
  6. D'Snowth

*Slaps Super Scooter* It's rude to stand with your mouth hanging open!
  7. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

... *closes mouth*...

*continues to say nothing*
  8. WOCKA2416

WOCKA2416 New Member

I'm not saying it's a bad thing or anything like that...I'm just saying it's fact. Most of his characters have that particular high voice he uses.

You're right that he probably wants to go with what feels the most comfortable for him while doing improv. ;)
  9. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Thank you...I honestly didn't notice that until later...heh
  10. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

So, a hundred waffles to anyone willing to make this special available...anyone?

Well look at Frank Oz...to me aside from Piggy and Animal, all his characters sound like Grover^^

Actual "distinct" voices are usually only a few, if were talking original characters.
    Bill BAretta has a wide array of voices, but a lot of them are filling in/taking over other people's characters.

I sitll have yet to hear these new Muppet "fillins" they got for the main Muppets.

Saying someone is shocked about Nathan Lane being gay, is like saying one is shocked that Danny Glover is black.

****, I thought the Muppet Scooter outed himself a while back.

Point is, a celeb being gay is like a celeb liking a different kind of icecream. I hear Will Ferrel prefers mint over vanilla icecream, stop the presses! ^^
  11. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

... Danny Glover is black?

But, seriously, though, I wasn't shocked Nathan Lane was gay. I knew he was gay. When I said:
    I was merely trying to make a joke at the expense of this comment:
    And now I am done trying to use more quotes than Cory in a single post. :p
  12. Muppetto

Muppetto Member

I finally got around to watching this over the weekend after recording it on my DVR.

I agree that it was easily one of the funniest things the Jim Henson Co. has done in a while.

I would love to see a possible live U.S. tour come to fruition and would gladly buy tickets to a show if they visited a major city near me.
  13. WOCKA2416

WOCKA2416 New Member

14. MuppetMarc

MuppetMarc New Member

Has anyone found it on youtube yet??!!??
  15. D'Snowth

I must disagree, I feel that a lot of Frank's characters sound like Bert rather than Grover; in fact, Grover is the only Frank character I'm aware of that sounds like Grove.r
  16. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Yoda... even Miss Piggy, actually.
  17. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

Yeah, Grover, Piggy, Yoda, and even Fozzie are all based off the same type of sound, in my head
  18. Gallioooo

Gallioooo New Member

I always giggle when I watch Star Wars and I hear Yoda.....I keep waiting for him to go into the near and far sketch. Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars, but Yoda does sound like Grover a little. I think most of the characters that are voiced by the same person have similarites in the way their voices sound. I think that's a good thing. Like a trademark, almost. No one will ever be able to do a voice exactly like someone else did.
  19. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

Oh, now I'll be doing the same thing! How dare you ;)

Anger leads to.....neeearrrr.....faaaarrrr

*giggle*
  20. Gallioooo

Gallioooo New Member

It's a great mental pic...isn't it....tee hee hee