Your Thoughts: Puppet Up Special on TBS

mrsieve

Reaction score
WOW, that was amazing! I couldn't stop laughing. I think the whole uncensored thing might have thrown a few people off. But when your asking the audience for suggestions for improv, it's always best to cover yourself. Just wished there were less commericals, and more of the show.

Erine81981

Reaction score
OMG! I couldn't get enough of it. I love it! Man my favorite character was the director/Game Show host. I can't remember who did his character but I just love how he would prononce those words. Blah Blah....And Sigfried and Roy's Secret Garden bit was also funny. I loved every bit and hope to see more of it soon. Man oh man. ROFL!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Watched it and I have some thoughts.

Don't think this is the general direction of the JHC/MHC overall... Just a sort of pet project for them to let off some steam once in a while.
It was a good show, and the uncensored tag didn't phase me. Though I'm almost 30 and I've been watching Whose Line Is It Anyway? for a long time now.

BTW: For you Whose Line fans out there, and Snowthy...
The Foreign Expert, Repeats, New Choice, and News Story segments parallel already existing games from Whose Line.
Also, I thought that the female character got about as much exposure as Kathy Greenwood, under-utilized to say the least. That's one thing I'd've liked to see more of.
One thing that either helps or hinders them is that unlike Whose Line, they have a no-repeat suggestion rule. Unless it's something that they haven't done in a long time like Try To Catch That Train.

The uncensored tag... Didn't think it applied when they got bleeped for the F-word during the intro song, but it did get looser after that.
Stuff I liked and found funny:
1 Find yourself a rich man who'll pay the bills, give it to him, and you've got yourself a baby.
2 Poop vs. Attack of the Killer Tourists... Yes, to make you guys work harder... Or something like that.
3 Forest Gump Existentialism.
4 Roy! You haven't given us a raise in two years, you SOB!
5 Are you trying to get me killed?
6 The fake boobs opera.
7 I bought you those huge casaba melons.

Funny stuff, rully hope another special gets made and aired in the future.

beaker

Reaction score
Speed Tracer said:
Oh man. This is so brilliant. I'm a little sad over the absence of Bill, but everyone is great here. I'm especially becoming partial to Victor and Paul.
Ack, no Baretta? That stinks

Can someone PLEASE post a torrent, avi, mpg, video google, *something*?

Unlike the cartoon network/sci fi fan circles/etc there is a custom amongst the Muppet community to keep things to private trades and never posting torrents/video google links, or the like. But I hope some people make an exception *has no cable...poo*

D'Snowth said:
I'm watching it right now and so far it's hilarious!!! I see they're using past characters as general-purpose puppets like the red koala from Animal Jam, Joe the Armadillo from the behind-the-scenes of Kermit's Swamp Years (as well as a turtle from the same movie).
Freaking sweet. Take that Disney lawyers! *is a HUGE fan of Joe the Armadillo/Arnette* DJ 2 from Animal Jam and Lester Possum from Staler and Waldorf online rock.

Teenager's

Reaction score
I thought it was funny....

....but I also thought they used Paul Rugg too much....and he wasn't good at all....and I guess thats because he's not really a puppeteer....because I kept wanting him to use that ciggarette and actually use the props...but eh....

I liked everyone else they were a lot of Fun, I can't wait for more!....and Barretta!

.....but not Rugg......

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
Fat Buddha song!

I thought it was just ok, pretty hit or miss. Not as funny as Whose Line, but IMO that's because they can't really do any physical humor. Still, it was just one special, I'd definitely like to see more.

And if TBS is going to censor the f word, they need something more subtle than a loud beep. There's plenty of creative ways to censor a word.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
It was hard staying up, but I did. WOW!!! I was laughing so hard, the fake boobs song. "Poop vs. The Killer Tourists"? Awesome material. I also seemed to love the baby pug in diapers for some reason. That and the guy wearing a beret with a cigarette. He was neat. "Blah, blah, who cares!"

Though I was just a teensy bit suprised when I realized that the monkey and koala was there from Animal Jam. Dunno why, but it was like..."Oh....they're from that kids show. Cool."

What got me really laughing was Forrest Gump and Exististaliasm. "It was about....nothing!" That and the fake boobs opera. Just an awesome show in general. I can't wait to see more of it!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
beaker said:
Ack, no Baretta? That stinks

Can someone PLEASE post a torrent, avi, mpg, video google, *something*?

Unlike the cartoon network/sci fi fan circles/etc there is a custom amongst the Muppet community to keep things to private trades and never posting torrents/video google links, or the like. But I hope some people make an exception *has no cable...poo*

Freaking sweet. Take that Disney lawyers! *is a HUGE fan of Joe the Armadillo/Arnette* DJ 2 from Animal Jam and Lester Possum from Staler and Waldorf online rock.
Sigh I missed it as well because I can't seem to find anyone I know who has cable lol..oh well I saw the show live in hollywood and that was good enough for me...wait no LIES! lol I must see this some one upload it to youtube.com or the cute puppy gets it! ahem yes well back to the subject I'm sure it was great I saw it live and I said it was then and I still stick by it all still.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I saw the special, and it was okay. For some reason, many of the characters used didn't really look Muppet-style (or should I say Henson-style?). I thought that quite a few of the animals look like they were made from the Creature Shop, and many of the humans looked more in the style of Crank Yankers characters.

I liked the pitchmen pitching a movie, the forrest gump and existalism, the bedtime story, the game show, and the song.

However, I didn't think this show was a s funny as Greg the Bunny.