Your Thoughts: Play With Me Sesame

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Been watching Play With Me Sesame for the past couple weeks and wanted to get your input of the show for those of you who have seen it.

It features new segments on every program from Ernie and Bert, Grover, and Prairie Dawn. Many of these repeat every few days, but it's great seeing so much material from these favorites on every show. The real jewels in the program are the old clips shown in each episode. The show usually features four classic clips. I've seen five Kermit songs/sketches the past couple weeks and also some great old moments like Lefty's Elephant Picture, Grover's Over Under Around and Through, Fat Cat, and Kermit's Do Op Do Hop.

Here's a sampling of the classic clips that were shown last week on episodes 6-10.

1. Episode 6 - Herry Reads, Lefty's Elephant Picture, Bein' Green, Ernie's Guess What I'm Thinking of Game
  2. Episodes 7 - Elmo Drives a Bus, Birthday Cookie, Grover's Furry Little Shadow, Ernie's Guess With Me Game
  3. Episode 8 - Elmo, Telly and Zoe Teach about Between, Bert's Cookies on a Plate Near a Window, Fat Cat, Ernie Draws Bert's Head
  4. Episode 9 - Grover Talks to Morgan about Body Parts, Cookie's Shape Test, Big Wolf Family, Ernie's Guess With Me Game
  5. Episode 10 - Fast and Slow Cookies, Two-Headed Monster Picks out Shapes, Baby Bear's Bath time, Ernie's Guess What I'm Thinking of Game
    [/list=1]

So, let us know what you think about the show from your perspective and especially if you have a little one watching along with you.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Unfortunately, they put Play With Me Sesame on a pay-cable channel that I don't get. All I have to go by is the Play With Me Sesame Website and Danny Horn's My Week with Play With Me Sesame, which he seems to really be liking so far (as of Monday). If anyone, like me, doesn't get Noggin' check out Danny's reviews all this week.

I absolutely love the website. My 19-month old and I have been playing with it for hours at a time (okay, so maybe not hours, but it seems like that.... we do spend hours watching The Kermambo though). My favorite has to be oatmeal art, and I could watch the opening Flash intro over and over again. How cool is it that they took a classic song, re-did it and fitted it to this new spin-off show? Oh, and if you haven't watched Grover do an interactive groovy dance yet, then you're just not living.

Hopefully, in the same fashion in which they've brough full "Elmo's World" segments to DVD, they'll do the same with Play With Me Sesame and I'll finally get to see it. Until then, I'll be matching socks and watching Bernice knock them down off of the clothesline.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
We just started getting Noggin the week before Play with Me premiered-- great timing for us!

My 23 month old loves it! She doesn't play along with all the games, but she is getting into Ernie Says and, of course, Move and Groove with Grover. Sometimes I'll find her singing one of the songs later in the day. So I give it a big thumbs up. It seems to be doing exactly what it is intended to do.

And I'm enjoying the old clips as well.

Jackie

Reaction score
I started watching Play with Me Sesame and while I loved the old skits, I really did not like anything else about the show. I guess it is good for the very young audience, but it just isn't the Sesame Street quality that I am used to.

Joggy

Reaction score
This Play With Me Sesame stuff does sound interesting. It's fun to see that the classic characters have their own spots again. I was so surprised when I heard it wasn't Big Bird, Elmo, Telly and Baby Bear playing the lead, but Ernie, Bert, GROVER!!! and Prairie.

How long is each episode? Is it all Muppet or are there actors, animations etc?

And most of all - is there anybody who is willing to tape some for me? I'd really like to see this for myself!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I've been watching it, and I like it (and it comes on right after Bear in the Big Blue House, so much fun!). Some of the new stuff isn't all that exciting, but I love how they're showing some of the old stuff. It makes me think of the good old days of Sesame Street...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joggy
How long is each episode? Is it all Muppet or are there actors, animations etc?
Each episode is 22 minutes. There have been a few episodes that have been 24 minutes each though. It's Muppets all the way, except for two one-minute segments that features video from different kids playing. Four classic clips are shown in each show.

dirtygulch

Reaction score
What is Cookie's shape test? Is that the one with the guy that looks like a tame harvey kneeslapper showing where a square goes?

Gonzo

Reaction score
AIIIIIIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish our hijacked cable connection (NOT stolen, but given...despite our protests) included Noggin! I wonder if my sister is going out of town anytime soon.

It sounds like I would really like this--Bert, Prairie, and Grover are three of my favorites!

Heading to the Play With Me Website right now....

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Gonzo

Reaction score
Okay....I'm sitting in a university computer lab--the guy next to me is working on a literature essay--on the other side it's a guy working some physics equations, and I'm cracking up at Ernie, Bert, Grover, and Prairie, just in the INTRO!!!

Man, I love being me!

Quinnnnnnnnnn