Your Thoughts: Play With Me Sesame Season 2

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, I got a few questions for whoever can answer them...

1 What does everybody mean by that Prairie got a "facelift"? If you can, please describe what Prairie Dawn looks like now.
2 Did Bert's voice change over to Grover's when Bert introduces the online oatmeal art and says "Artistic and Nutritious!"?
3 What's the name of the worm character who sang the song about being a bookworm? If you can, please describe what this character looks like.
4 What's the name of the baby rock and roll band who sang the song about "Moving On"? If you can, please describe what this character looks like.
Thanks for your help and have a good day.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's some answers for you Count.
1. It's hard to explain. She just looks...well...different now! All I know is they probably made a new puppet because the old one might of gotten too old or something like that...I don't know.
2. Yes!
3. Bookworm?
4. Not sure, all I remember is the announcer saying they were from "Move-ville" The character was a purple puppet that works like the Count (without hand-rods) with brown long hair, sunglasses, a red and yellow striped shirt, and a black vest.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. The "Bookworm" song was from yesterday's d-Down dance, ending with an Up-and-Down goodbye.

As for the singers of the song "Movin' On," I think the lead singer was voiced by Richard Hunt and I thought the announcer said the band's name was "Movin'" but I wasn't sure and thought about getting a concrete answer. If you can help me out with either of these, it's much appreciated. Thanks and have a good day.episode where Grover did a sort of Up-an

Ryan

Reaction score
The Count said:
OK, I got a few questions for whoever can answer them...

1 What does everybody mean by that Prairie got a "facelift"? If you can, please describe what Prairie Dawn looks like now.
They put more foam in Prarie's head, so it looks a little blown up. Freaky.

ssetta

Reaction score
The worm song is called "I'm A Bookworm, Baby", it's from Season 23, and it was written by Christopher Cerf and Belinda Ward. The group name was called The Bookworms, and the lead singer was voiced by Ivy Austin.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks ssetta, knew I could count on you! Now then, what about this other rock and roll band that appeared at the baby nursery? The band sang a song about "Movin' On" and the lead singer I think was voiced by Richard Hunt. You can find a descript of what he looks like in the post above by Courage Baggy. Thanks for your help and have a good day.

ssetta

Reaction score
The band name was "Movin'", the song was called "Movin' On", it's from Season 19, and it only ever aired in 2 shows: 2436 and 2410. It was written by Joe Raposo and Emily Kingsley (I think). And the lead singer most definitely was voiced by Richard Hunt. And it was killed in 1988 by Lisa Simon.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about! Thanks for coming through yet again ssetta! Both The Bookworms and Movin' have been added to the listing and you'll see them there in the next update of the list posted here on the forums.

BTW: What do you mean when you said that this song was "killed"?
Thanks for all your help and have a great night.

ssetta

Reaction score
When I mean that the song was "killed," that means that it will no longer be used on Sesame Street. It doesn't have anything to do with Noggin, Play With Me Sesame, or any foreign production. It only has to do with it being used on the original Sesame Street series. Now with this particular song, I don't know why it was killed. Maybe they didn't like the curriculum or something, I don't know.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info as I get new info on old sketches. Now I wanted to ask you about a sketch seen by fellow SS compiler, Tommy, who runs the SS Encyclopedia website. He said that he saw a sketch where the Count goes on vacation and says good-bye to his family including his mother, father, brother, and sister. My memory seems to recall the character of the Count's mother from a sketch where she was trying to put him to sleep in his baby crib. But my question is... do the characters of the Count's father, brother and sister actually exist? And have they been seen on Sesame Street here in the states? And if so, do these four members of the Count's family have individual names or were they just refered to as his relatives?
Thanks for your help and have a good night.