Your Thoughts: Play With Me Sesame Season 2

Reaction score
Phillip, where did you hear there were only 17 episodes?

There are no concrete episodes of PWMS, they shuffle the segments around every day. Unless maybe things have changed this season. Hmmmm.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Erine81981, Play With Me Sesame Season 2 airs on Noggin at 8:00 AM and again at 11:00 AM EST. Hope this helps and have a good day.

ssetta

Reaction score
I think they need more episodes, but it's nice to know they still use old clips.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Can someone please get a sound file so we can hear this different Ernie? Please :smile:

- Billy :cool:

ssetta

Reaction score
I didn't see the show that aired today, but on yesterday's show, they had Grover's CLASSIC demonstration of Near and Far, and "Cookie's Poem" with Cookie and Howie. It was on the album "C Is For Cookie," but I had never before seen the segment, or Howie. I wouldn't of thought he was a rabbit, but on the record, I could hear a boinging sound, so Howie had to be something unusual.

lw72

Reaction score
Ernie's New Voice

The first thing that stood out in the promos for the new season was Ernie's voice. "Who IS that?" was all I could say. I hoped that it was just my imagination, but day after day the little ones watch the new episodes and no Steve Whitmire. He did an amazing job and is missed. When's he coming back? Sorry to complain about Ernie's current performer, but he just doesn't compare.

It's great to see new material. It's practically the same format, but we had the old ones memorized, it seems, from repetition. My 2 year old and 1 year old watch in amazement.

ssetta

Reaction score
There was another one on today. It was that old song "I Love A March" by Bert. It was on a record, but I never knew it was ever on the show!

There was another one that was on last week with Kermit playing an imagination game in a park, and there were 2 other kids playing in the background.

jake

Reaction score
Play with me - Ernie?

I can not stand the new Ernie voice!! The voice even makes the Play with me song sound off. I was worried when I saw the commercial before the season started. I taped some of the last season so we watch the old ones a lot. Any hope that the old voice will reappear? Also, does it look like Prairie Dawn got a face lift?!?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
ssetta said:
That's true. I mean, in the early 90s, when I first heard Steve Whitmire, I couldn't stand it. Same with David Rudman's Cookie Monster, and even Matt Vogel's Big Bird. Eric Jacobson does an okay job, but not as bad as David Rudman. He sounds more like Baby Bear with a sore throat.
I agree, alot of Muppets have new voices that drive me bonkers. Ernie sounds all, slow and retarted. Cookie Monster, does sound like Baby Bear with a sore throat. Grover sounds like Cookie Monster trying to imatate Elmo. Bert sounds like Kermit also trying to sound like Elmo. Big Bird sounds like a hobo.

jake said:
Also, does it look like Prairie Dawn had a face lift?
Her new puppet is freaky looking. As anyone noticed that Ernie kinda looks different too? Particularly his left ear looks like someone put it in a permanent twist.