1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Play With Me Sesame Season 2

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by Phillip, Jun 6, 2003.

1. jeffkjoe

jeffkjoe New Member

Good show!
  2. pixiesuit

pixiesuit New Member

I just started watching PWMS, and the muppets look so different!!! Their colors are brighter, and the texture of their "skin" is all smooth. What I loved about the muppets of olde, was their kinda fuzzy skin. You cold see all the little fibers and even little sparklies. Now, they look too, oh I don't know, SMOOTH, I guess. Oh, and by the way......Bert's eyebrow is all wrong, and his shirt stripes are different colors. I also remember Prairie Dawn to be much tinier. Oh, well.....we must accept change, but can't help but to pine away for the good ole days.
  3. KVR'sMommy

KVR'sMommy New Member

Play With Me Sesame Season 2

About Play With Me Sesame Season 2: Ernie is all wrong (as are Grover and Cookie), Prairie Dawn looks like she got hit by a truck, and the whole show lacks the energy present in Season 1. My 17 month-old son is definitely not as interested. I turned it on briefly this morning to see Prairie Dawn and Grover arguing, then this bunny came on and Kyle was terrified of it! I actually taped a bunch of season 1 after seeing the commercial for season 2, and I'm very happy I did. My boy watches it every morning after breakfast. Steve- I implore you to return!

I hope these feedback sessions work. I've actually been looking for other people's opinions on season 2 for a while, glad I found the right place. Does anyone know why Steve Whitmire left? And why Eric Jacobson left? I know some do not have a very high opinion of him, but he was pretty good too- not perfect, but good. He did that exasperated fall backwards very well!

Thanx!
  4. Splurge

Splurge Member

Hi, folks!

I don't have Noggin and haven't seen the 2nd Season of Play with Me Sesame. How many episodes are set for this season in total and how many have aired so far?
  5. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel New Member

"Does anyone know why Steve Whitmire left? And why Eric Jacobson left?"

Steve was unavailable for a period, so John Tartaglia stepped in. Eric Jacobson never went anywhere.

secret squirrel
  6. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

I took a look at Noggin's schedule, and, Oh, NO!!! Now PWMS is being decreased from twice a day to only once. From now on, it will only be on at 8 am Eastern. So now they have both 123 SS and PWMS only on once a day (not counting the 5 am et airing of 123 SS, because that's not really part of Noggin). They really don't like Sesame Street. They're not even owned by Sesame Workshop anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if they did away with it completely pretty soon.
  7. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

New episodes of Play With Me Sesame will be produced for at least two more seasons.
  8. KVR'sMommy

KVR'sMommy New Member

Does anyone know if Whitmire will return? I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
  9. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Then why do they keep decreasing the airing of it?

Ok, in place of the second PWMS is now yet another airing of Franklin. So now that's on 3 times a day, instead of 2. Do we really need that? Same with the second 123 SS. It's replaced by Connie the Cow, and a 3rd airing of Maisy! It's obvious that they like those kinds of shows, and not Sesame Street. :(
  10. Smy Guiley

Smy Guiley New Member

It's a shame to see their airtime being cut so drastically. However, we don't get Noggin in Canada AT ALL, so everyone watching should feel lucky (and be taping it for the rest of us!) My little girl is not terribly interested in Franklin, either, and she's just starting to ask to watch Sesame by name! I can't let one of her favourites go off into oblivion! The show was very beneficial to me and I believe it is helping her as well.
  11. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Does The Third Season of Play With Me Sesame starting on April This Year Phillip?Please let me know anybody Because I like to see more old rare Muppet skits I like to record. :D
  12. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

How do you know there'll even me a 3rd season? They really don't like SS anymore over at Noggin.
  13. Soo!-per Grover

Soo!-per Grover New Member

Yeah, PWMS has sadly been cancelled. As you might know from the tell-tale "We used to show PWMS 4X a day, but now we have it on only once, at 8AM." @_@ That rots, doesn't it? :grouchy:
  14. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

They might have another season. We have to see what's happening.
  15. KTFARI

KTFARI New Member

Pwms

:mad: So angry they cancelled PWMS it was my daughters favorite show. She does not like Franklin!!!! Does anyone have any idea where else she can watch PWMS???? Are there videos??? :grouchy:
  16. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

OK, a few things I'd like cleared up.
    1 Is Phillip correct when he says that there'll be at least two more seasons of PWMS?
    2 Who said the show was cancelled and where's the news article confirming its cancellation?
    3 And is Su...perGrover an exec in charge of programming over at Noggin?
    How can we help you convince the others on that board to bring back the classic greatness of a true landmark in American television?
    Thanks and have a good day.
  17. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

1. I believe Phillip is correct.
    2. I never actually heard this, it just seems that way, since they keep decreasing the airing of it. That's exactly what they did with SSU.
    3. Su-Per Grover is not in charge of programming. :crazy:
  18. jake

jake New Member

Why do I get Noggin?

I am starting to wonder why I pay for Noggin. My son LOVES Play with me Sesame. At first it was on 3 times every day and now once. Connie the Cow, Franklin, these shows are awful! Do they care what the viewer wants? Can Sesame Workshop put Play with Me Sesame on another channel? It seems that Sesame Street is not on any channel as much as it used to be..at least in the Boston area. Is there someone we can contact??
  19. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

You can contact Meeri Park Cunniff, the Director of Programming for Noggin. Their number is (212) 654-7077. I think that's the number, but I'm not sure. But then again, she isn't all that nice. I called her awhile back to ask why they were taking off all the old shows, such as Sesame Street Unpaved, and the 123 Sesame Street shows from Season 25, and all the old programming they had on Noggin. She could understand that I was upset, but there was nothing they could do. She says that they don't make Noggin for us classic Sesame fans, they make it for preschoolers, and that a majority of their audience really likes the new Noggin. And also, Noggin isn't even owned by Sesame Workshop anymore, it's completely owned by Nickelodeon and Viacom. So apparently, it wouldn't make much sense for them to air it anymore. I bet that by next year, they will have no Sesame Workshop programming at all.
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

My question... does anyone even WATCH Noggin? Do they really care what the ratings are? D list candy coloered kiddy shows like Maisy the overhyped ugly poorly drawn/written Kid's book the sereis don't really seem very priority. And all th "N" programming is the same outdated Clarissa is a Pain to all type shows from the 90's.