Your Thoughts: Oz Music on MCR

What is your favorite song from the Muppets' Wizard of Oz?

• "Kansas" - Ashanti

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • "When I'm With You" - Ashanti, Kermit, Gonzo, Fozzie and Pepe

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • "The Witch Is In The House" - Miss Piggy, Johnny Fiama and The Muppets

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • "Calling All Munchkins" - The Munchkin Tap-your-knuckle Choir

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • "Good Life" - Ashanti and The Muppets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Nap Time" - Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't wait for the Muppets' Wizard of Oz to premiere on ABC next Friday May 20th? Then listen to all the songs from the film beginning tonight on Muppet Central Radio. The Oz tunes will begin at 7 pm central/8 pm eastern this Tuesday May 10. The songs will be in heavy rotation throughout the end of the month.

Let us know what you think about the new music. After you hear a song post here and share your thoughts with us. Please include the title of the song(s)you are talking about in your message.

Muppet Central Radio broadcasts Henson music from the Muppets, Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock twenty-four hours a day. Find out how to listen below. If you need help listening, post in our feedback forum.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/radio/

The Muppets' Wizard of Oz Soundtrack will be released nationwide next Tuesday May 17. For more info on the soundtrack, check out this article...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2005/040605.shtml

Beauregard

Reaction score
Munchkin song

I heard the Munchkin song just now! But it was kind'a over before I could start listeing, if you know what I mean. It took me a moment to think, what song is this? And I scooted across to the computer, and saw it was a Mwoo song!

Me can't wait for the next one!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, the Munchkin song is short, so to speak. :wink:

Let us know what you think of the other tunes when you hear them.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Just heard, maybe the last minute of "The Witch is in the House" (miss piggy, dr teeth, and electric mayhem) and I think I just might love it. I definately like it, but I'd like to hear the rest before I say for sure that I love it. But I'm telling you, all I can think is "what's happening on screen right now?" I want to see what we see with what we hear. nine more days... nine more days... nine more days... IS IT MWoO YET?!? :mad: (I am so impatient)

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey, hey, hey, hey!!!!!

I heard a song by Miss Piggy, and thought, "Why is that not quite....AHHHHHHHHH! IT'S MWOOOO!!!!!"

And, yes, it was The Witch Is In the House, and it was lovely!

I canot wait!

And thanks, TA, for your hlep with the Rappingness.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
pleasure.
<starts to bow, falls asleep on keyboard instead>
what in the world am I doing awake???? anybody know? anybody? abondys?
oh dear...

towels

Reaction score
Did the MWoO add affect the playlists? I don't remember hearing the same songs this frequently over the course of a workday before (for example: Danny Boy by Beaker, Animal, and Swedish Chef).
How many hours of programming is there?
:confused:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well there are over 1500 songs in the playlist, six of them are from Oz. Granted the Oz songs are in heavy rotation for the next couple weeks. They will each play about four times a day.

Concerning how often the other songs repeat it varies from song to song, but it's the same as it has always been. Generally, on the high end a few songs are scheduled to play once every 24 hours while on the low end some play once every 100 hours.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
wow, that seems complicated...

Anyway, I've heard the rest of "the witch is in the house" now, and I love it. I thought Miss Piggy's voice seemed a little off, but then I heard "Never Before, Never Again" and they sounded a lot alike, so maybe I'm a little off... ok so I'm really a lot off i a lot of ways but I'm rambling again.

And I'm definately in love with "when I'm with you". It's just so... Muppety! It has a very muppet feel to it. ... I mean it doesn't feel like foam and felt, not that kindof muppet feel, but like... ok I'm really asleep right now, logic is long long gone... even more so than when I'm awake. I think I'm just rambling again now, I'll go... um... pretend my homework is done and ... um... zzzzzzzzzzzz

starr

Reaction score
I bought the soundtrack at work, Kansas is my personal favorite but they're all good songs. The Munchkin song is over before it starts and is rather dissapointing, that's my favorite song from the original WOO. The Muppet half of the cd is really good too. I like the stair song sung by Robin and of course there's Rainbow Connection. :sing: Overall I'd give the soundtrack 2 thumbs up!