Your Thoughts: New Green and Red Christmas CD

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I read in Phillip's review Janice is the only EM member left out.

I will not be buying this album.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
Janice isn't the only member left out. I don't think Lips is on this album, either:wink: (do any of the Electric Mayhem numbers feature prominent trumpet solos or prominent trumpet sounds?).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score

Aw, yeah I know how you feel.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score

Although Janice is not vocally there, the album is still great and you should still buy it. You can hear her rocking the guitar. There are lots of characters left out -- but take a look at what you do get (12 great Muppet songs), not what you don't get. You'll just be missing out on a great holiday album.

Also, it's not "Phillip's review"... it's my review, but I'll let ya slide :wink:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Although Janice is not vocally there, the album is still great and you should still buy it. You can hear her rocking the guitar. There are lots of characters left out -- but take a look at what you do get (12 great Muppet songs), not what you don't get. You'll just be missing out on a great holiday album.

Also, it's not "Phillip's review"... it's my review, but I'll let ya slide :wink:
Does the booklet include pictures of any characters not included, such as Scooter, Janice, Clifford, Johnny Fiama, Sal, or others?

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo, I apologize...I hurriedly went to the review and skimmed through it, just assuming it was Phillip. I'm sorry. :embarrassed:

And maybe you can hear Janice on guitar, but can you see her on the album artwork? I doubt it. Still there's no excuse to exclude her like that---now I know how the Floyd fans felt about his missing bust.

I'm just so annoyed at the fact there's no Janice that I may just wait and download some tracks and see what I think. But for the most part for me, The Muppets are nostalgaic. I would support new tasteful Muppet endeavors if they were true to character and retained fan favorites (I have no desire to see "Oz" again, ugh), but the Golden Age of the Muppets is what gives my biggest warm Henson fuzzies. The "Fraggle" box sets, "Muppet Show", "Sesame Street Old School" (if I can find it in any store, grrrr!), and for Christmas, "John Denver & The Muppets: A Christmas Together" (the album and NOT the special)...I'll just indulge in my favorite gems of Muppets Past. :smile:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The album features pictures of Kermit (3x), Piggy (2x), Fozzie (1x), and the Swedish Chef (1x).

It is a shame Jancie is nowhere to be heard, but the album still has that classic Muppet feel and spirit (there were many classic Mayhem numbers she was silent in too). I main fact is they haven't really found anyone suitable and stable since Richard Hunt passed away. You should still consider buying the album (right now its going for as low as $6 some places).

MWoO

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Janice isn't the only member left out. I don't think Lips is on this album, either:wink: (do any of the Electric Mayhem numbers feature prominent trumpet solos or prominent trumpet sounds?).

Don't forget clifford. I still consider him an Electric Mayhem member. He worked great with them in the Muppet at Disney World special. Too bad the entire group never got to be put in a production again since then.

Is it just me or would a nice song from Sam Eagle have been appreciated on this album? Not a complaint, just a thought I just had that seemed funny to me. Sam trying to sing a song and maybe Animal messing it up for him.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Still there's no excuse to exclude her like that---now I know how the Floyd fans felt about his missing bust.
Well at least Janice has a great bust...

But, yeah, it's a shame that she was gone. But remember on the Mwoo album there was a EM song from first season Muppet Show (Tenderly) and Janice's voice was wrong, wrong, wrong. I'd have felt worse if she appeared with the wrong voice than not appearing at all I think. Don't you?

Marky

Reaction score
Mike Quinn said:
Interesting.... did I work on this and then was hit over the head and forgot I did it? How funny! I hope I was good :big_grin:

Enjoy the CD anyway everyone!!!

Mike
OH MY GOD! IT'S NIEN NUMB!

Sory, big SW fan. I remember sending away for your figure in 1983! Was the voice you as well?