Your Thoughts: New Green and Red Christmas CD

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I know, it's very strange. Well like I said, I'm sure it's fine otherwise.

Though, I am thinking I'm also going to try and get John Denver and the Muppets Christmas CD from barnesandnoble.com

Drtooth

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't care too too much for Christmas Music... that is, unless a cartoon character or something sings it. I'll probably get this one a bit closer to Christmas, myself.

ANyway, I am THRILLED to hear the voices of the characters are all Muppeteers. I was slightly afraid Disney would use the cheap wannabes we kept fretting about. I still think it's irony that Zoot's the only member of the band who still is performed by the original Muppeteer.... now Jerry has popped off due to his health. I really wanna hear this now, actually.

Katzi428

Reaction score
I just listened to it on the B & N site & it sounds great! I can't wait to get it.

Luke

Reaction score
So which voices did Karen Prell, Mike Quinn and Louise Gold provide?

BEAR

Reaction score
Luke said:
So which voices did Karen Prell, Mike Quinn and Louise Gold provide?

They probably provided back-up vocals. In Rowlf's song, there is a chorus of characters that sing along with him.

Luke

Reaction score
So they must have brought Louise Gold to the states for this project then, insteresting.

I've heard it - it's pretty good - in fact it's marvellous that they've actually got something like this commisioned and put out in the current climate - but it could have done with maybe a few more classic tracks, and also having a bit more Muppet humor to it. Although all the fans want to see more Electric Mayhem and Rowlf stuff, probably not the greatest idea to have included so much of it as yeah, Bill isn't as natural immitating voices as he is coming up with strong voices for his own original characters. Rowlf and Dr Teeth just sound like Bobo - it's no fault of the puppeteer, just some people don't have the range to vary their voices a lot at different levels and anything low just comes out the same. It maybe down to just them needing to give the Muppeteers as many characters as possible to keep the work coming and making these projects cost effective but they ought to find a voice that can immitate Jim's characters more accurately.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
BEAR said:
They probably provided back-up vocals. In Rowlf's song, there is a chorus of characters that sing along with him.

In Rowlfs song i thought it was Muppet :zany: 's that where his back up chorus?! well thats how it sounded to me when i was lission to my cd...

BEAR

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
In Rowlfs song i thought it was Muppet :zany: 's that where his back up chorus?! well thats how it sounded to me when i was lission to my cd...

I don't know what type of characters they were. Sounded like chickens or some type of bird. Quite possible they were penguins, but I really don't know. Those were the characters I was talking about that I believe Gould, Prell and Quinn voiced.

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Luke said:
So they must have brought Louise Gold to the states for this project then, insteresting.
Probably cheaper just to have her record her vocals in a London studio.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Pity they didn't recover Annie-Sue's character for a song here...not that anyone nowadays would know who that was, but if she's there, why not have HER there?