Your Thoughts: Muppets on the Nick & Jessica Variety Hour

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Later tonight the Muppets will appear on "The Nick and Jessica Variety Hour" on ABC at 9 pm eastern/8 pm central. This will be the first nationwide appearance of Kermit & Piggy since the Disney acquisition on February 17.

Be sure to check out the show, then post and let us know your thoughts about this special prime time ABC appearance.

P

Philo and Gunge

Well, that was a brief apperence. That was only 2 minutes! But I won't give up, there might be more! I expected to actually singing that whole time rather then cutting them off.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Well, it was cute. Even if that's all they do, it was good to see them back on a TV variety show!!

goldenarrow05

Reaction score
well...

Oh the things we submit ourselves to as fans.... the appearance wasnt bad... a little short, but not bad. The rest of the show on the other hand... wow... corny comes to mind. Anywho, this is what the muppets needed. Bring on Oz!

Sunrise

Reaction score
Was That Frank??

Did anybody else think that Piggy was not being performed by Frank Oz? It just did not ring true to my ear. Either she was being voiced by someone doing their best impression, or Oz's own voice has changed drastically. The bit was funny, but too short. If that wasn't Oz playing Piggy, Disney just slipped another few notches of respect. :mad:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Short...but funny! :stick_out_tongue: Tapin another show next door! Ha ha... I didn't know Pepe would be there too! That waz cool. Bring on the Oz tv movie now! :excited:

Randlev

Reaction score
Hey, don't bash the mouse because piggy's main man isn't Frank Oz anymore. That happened well before Disney got involved. That being said, I though Eric Jacobson did do a very good job, assuming that WAS him, at first i was't sure, but it must be that watching It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie so many times I've gotten used to his performance of Piggy. What can I say, sure it was short, but it was nice to see something new, especially when it's as awesome as Piggy and Kermit singing Don't Go Breakin' My Heart. And the one blooper at the end where Jessica says Mr. Piggy, and Kermit replies something like "Yes, I am called Mr. Piggy often." that was pretty funny.

Anyway, all around, I didn't think the special was that bad, with the best moments being the Muppets (of course), Mr. T's 10 seconds of awkwardness, and the Mickey Mouse Club Sketch, that kid was a dead ringer for Justin Timberlake in his Mouseketeer days!!!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
The variety show itself was really bad. The appearance of Kermit, Piggy, and Pepe was short, corny, and they really did not need to be in the show.

Kermit and Piggy wouldn't have had a problem trying to perform their show if Scooter actually booked them instead of Pepe. Ha ha.

Now if the muppets did a variety show in prime time...

ryan

duderguy

Reaction score
corn

"Now if the muppets did a variety show prime time...."

It would be corny too!..im not sure if we both watched the same muppet show, but muppet humor relies heavily on gag jokes and corny humor. not always, but alot. Brain henson talks of jim saying "It's a perfectly terrible joke... but its worthy of us." All variety shows contain corn. Especially the muppet show... its just a more creative, imaginative type of corn. The muppets fit in pretty well to the show in my opinion.

Anyhoo i thought it was a great idea to throw pepe in there as he is loved so well as a new generation muppet. He definatly pulls in more fans.

Also, what is with piggys eyes? How long have they looked like that?

THE DUDE
Matt

Erine81981

Reaction score
Well, that was a brief apperence. That was only 2 minutes! But I won't give up, there might be more! I expected to actually singing that whole time rather then cutting them off.
Same here. I thought it might be more but there wasn't. I liked it. It cool to see Pepe there too. I was wondering when they said and THE MUPPETS! I figured more but I liked it anyways. It was pretty cool. Maybe if there's any more Variety Shows maybe more Muppets will interact on there. I liked the whole thing. I'm into that kind of corny shows. FUNN-IEEEEE!!! :embarrassed: