Your Thoughts: Muppet Monopoly Collector's Edition

WiGgY

Reaction score
Oh, it was a legal issue that kept you from making Muppetopoly. I understand. Though you made a cool suggestion for a Bear On Patrol Fozzie for the jail. I can see some customizing being done by some people. I know that if I get the game, I'll put my BOP Fozzie right next to that corner (That is whenever I get him since he isn't out yet). Has anyone tried using any of the Palisades figures on a game board as pieces yet? That would certainly be cool for display purposes.

About the Rowlf thing on the box, I don't know what is up with JHC. They make some really weird decisions. Sometimes I think they do it to purposly mess products up or something. Like what was mentioned with yellow Lew Zealand. I can't understand why they made Rowlf so smale, unless they did it based on character importance or something. And the picture on the board looks nice. Better than the one seen all over the place. Sam looks odd though. Too bad Henson didn't add Fozzie or even Scooter in his place.

In all it looks like a great game, and I could use some version of monopoly in my house, even though all board games create huge fights. :big_grin:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

On The Very Best Of The Muppet Show, Vol 2 UK DVD in the menu they added Scooter, Fozzie and some Chickens to the image !

They did it real well too !

see ya

Beauregard

Reaction score
Re: Guys,

Originally posted by Warrick
On The Very Best Of The Muppet Show, Vol 2 UK DVD in the menu they added Scooter, Fozzie and some Chickens to the image !

They did it real well too !

see ya
You have that? I think I'll sneak over to yours and steal it. Hm...

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Originally posted by King Prawn
What I find strange about the original group shot is the fact that Sam was added but Fozzie wasn't, i mean i understand them not adding Frank's characters since he wasn't present but i do understand why they added Piggy, how can you have a group shot without Piggy and in a way she did appear at MF also Animal didn't appear (as far as i know) but i still understand the inclusion of him but what i can't understand is why put in Sam instead of Fozzie.
Yeah, in a way Piggy appeared at MF. Animal appeared in TMS Live at the Fest, and Sam was singing in the background for a couple of numbers that same night. Fozzie didn't appear except in a clip from the Edgar Bergen episode. Also the puppet was used onstage for lipsynching during the "You're the Puppeteer" presentation, but that was a last-minute addition. So in terms of being a picture for MF, that image was fairly accurate. It's a shame he's not there for the Monopoly picture since Pepe was added. But at any rate, with or without Fozzie, I think it's a really nice image, and Fozzie does appear prominently on the box cover at least. And I agree with you that I'm glad they didn't use that ugly, overused image from the Muppet CD, etc., etc. Fozzie with a blue bandanna? Hello?

Warrick, can you scan us the image with Fozzie and the chickens, etc. and put it up on your website or something? I'd like to see that.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oooh, they did a fantastic job! Why is it I don't remember that picture. Don't think I cut that one. If I did, I'm such a goof. LOL!

uncleduke

Reaction score
It's Time To Play The Game.....

Just got mine opened and it is being set up as we speak -
Monday is now official Muppet Monopoly Night!!!

Looks great - can't wait to annia... Oblitera.....

er, can't spell at the moment, but I'm gonna win

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well it aint Scrabble so you're okay. Hmm. Does Scrabble have one B or two? :concern:

Beauregard

Reaction score
So tell us did you win? Was it fun? Are the cards fun-ieee as Fozzie Bear would say?