Your Thoughts: Muppet Central Forum Upgrade May 26, 2018

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our forum upgrade was successful. There is still some tweaking to be done over the next few days so please be patient during the adjustment.

This is a minor maintenance upgrade that will enhance security. Our privacy policy and user settings have also been updated to be fully compliant with the new GDPR regulations.

The first time you sign-in after the upgrade, you'll need to accept our terms and rules along with our updated privacy policy in order to continue accessing the forum.

Many bugs and browser compatibility issues have been updated as well. If you are experiencing a specific issue after the upgrade, please post what browser you are using on what device and we'll try to help.

Thanks for your understanding during the downtime while the upgrade was being performed.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What are the new features?
As was said earlier, this is a minor maintenance upgrade that will enhance security. For example, there have been updates to the registration process and there's now an optional two-step verification process for recovering an account. Our privacy policy and user settings have also been updated to be fully compliant with the new GDPR regulations.

gravy

Reaction score
Will this update help new members join more easily, as in they won't have to wait as much or no time to be accepted to speak and such?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Will this update help new members join more easily, as in they won't have to wait as much or no time to be accepted to speak and such?
Yes, we're improving the new member approval process.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This was the first time I had to check that I accept terms and rules and privacy policy and such before I could log in.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
This was the first time I had to check that I accept terms and rules and privacy policy and such before I could log in.
It's because of a new european law that could get websites blocked in europe if the site doesnt comply with certain guidelines, and the new terms are supposed to reflect that. a lot of sites where personal information is collected are doing it

Old Thunder

Reaction score
It doesn’t seem very different. Maybe from an admin’s POV but not from a members.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There appears to be something of a glitch/bug with this update: when you try to login, nothing happens, you're redirected back to the forum index as a guest, but if you navigate to another page on the forum, then it logs you in.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There appears to be something of a glitch/bug with this update: when you try to login, nothing happens, you're redirected back to the forum index as a guest, but if you navigate to another page on the forum, then it logs you in.
What browser and version number are you using? I've tried to replicate your issue and have had no trouble logging in or out. You may want to try clearing your browser cache in case you have files from before and after the upgrade on your device.