1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Muppet Central Forum Upgrade March 24

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Mar 24, 2012.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

The new Twitter module on the side of the forum index is a bit of an eyesore, but oh well.
  2. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

I like how ignored posts are now completely invisible. On the old forum there used to always be the empty shell of an ignored person's post compacted down with the words this message is hidden because so and so is on your ignore list. This makes it look so much better without the needless clutter. :D
  3. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

yeah, I agree with that. Shame its not even collapsible
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Does the MC Radio thing on the side update in real time?
  5. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Whenever the forum home page is first loaded it will display the song currently playing at that exact moment (just like the MC home page). When the next song begins playing, in order for that info to be displayed that part of the page would need to automatically refresh. This song refresh is currently disabled for a variety of reasons. Most people aren't on the forum home for an extended period of time so this is an ok compromise.

As has always been the case though, the song listings here are continually updated in real time as long as you are on the radio page.
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I really am enjoying the forward-thinking changes here. Finally! Wow! This frogboy supports them 100%. Thanks guys! :)
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Ah, that makes sense. It's great to see Frogboy4's wonderful album art on a much larger scale.
    frogboy4 likes this.
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

There are a couple of guidelines I'd like to see added and enforced.

It would be great to follow the TP tradition of using our real first names - at least in out in signatures.

It would also help if members wold list real information (at least state, region or country, but not necessarily city) concerning their location.

These guidelines would clear up confusion concerning media release dates and would also facilitate name-based, thoughtful discussions while still maintaining a level of privacy.
  9. Sgt Floyd

No no no no no. If this was the case, I'd quit
    heralde likes this.
  10. D'Snowth

Huh? Quit what?
  11. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

That should be entirely up to each member due to privacy reasons. I understand your point regarding discussions, but if a member wants to give out their name, they should be able to do it on their terms-like in a private message or something.
  12. Sgt Floyd

If we were to be required to supply our names, I would quit the forum. Yeah, I could use a fake name, but thats not the issue. I don't like feeling like people are trying to pry into my personal business
    heralde likes this.
  13. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

That's why I use my nickname, and since that name is common, I'm harder to track.
  14. D'Snowth

I must have missed that.
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Listing a first name doesn't compromise privacy. :) First names help facilitate free, honest and open discussion. People are less likely to toss barbs at others if they are required to sign each post. Hiding seems kind of creepy. :scary: Actually very creepy to me. :o

None of us pay for membership so changes are up to the webmaster, not us. It is an unlikely change, but it has really improved the quality of other forums.

I think a "Real First Names" club for MC would be good idea.
  16. Sgt Floyd

There is no use in defending my stance because you are not inside my head and will never understand my reasoning and that is fine. But I will quit if our personal information is publicly displayed.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  17. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I have to agree, I don't love giving out my real name online, lol.
  18. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Again, I understand your point about discussion-names add a personal touch that can effect what a person posts-but I think that should be left up to the individual's discretion, so as to not make anyone uncomfortable if giving out first names makes them feel that way. You're also right in that the ultimate decision would be up to the moderators.
  19. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I agree, that kind of thing should be a choice.
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

That's already how it is and I can understand upholding the status-quo. I personally think it's about time for a change after 14 years. I'm already giddy over the new features in this upgrade! :cool:

The opposition to this kind of change not only seems odd to me, it also might be indicative that I'm growing away from MC. I understand the need for privacy, but not anonymity and certainly not opposition to a compromise that would permit members to keep both their member name along side a first name. :) There's only one instance of conflict and that's the few Muppet professionals who post here under screen names.

But as I've stated - it's probably moot. It's unlikely that the moderators will want to open this can of worms. ;)

PS. Please excuse my typing. I'm still trying to master the stylus script-to-type feature on my wacom. :o