Your Thoughts: Muppet Central Forum Upgrade June 21, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I'll need to get used to it, but for now it seems legitimate. As of now the "save draft" feature is something I like, because if I don't finish my post, I can just save and write more later, helps with fan-fics.
Where or how do I find the "save draft" feature?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Where or how do I find the "save draft" feature?
Ok, here is what I said in the announcements folder... (I quoted both posts from two different threads with multi-quote by the way.)

Auto save drafts

While you are typing a message, now every 60 seconds, a draft of your message will be saved. If you reload the page later, your message will be automatically re-shown. Drafts will be automatically pruned over time.

Each draft is associated with your specific content, such as a thread, forum, or conversation. A draft reply that you start working on in thread 1 will not be shown in thread 2 and so forth.
Saving drafts happens automatically every 60 seconds as you are typing. You don't have to do anything else. You can also save or delete a draft at any time by clicking on the disk icon to save your post.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
About the multiquote/reply with quote feature... For some reason, whenever I read a post that's quoting another post, the previously quoted post is being cut off, as there's now a "Click to expand...". Before, you'd get the entire quoted post. Not sure what happened there. Perhaps it can be tweaked? *Shrugs.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For some reason, whenever I read a post that's quoting another post, the previously quoted post is being cut off, as there's now a "Click to expand...".
This is by design to reduce the scrolling time, especially with multi-quote in effect.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please Note: The MC Radio "now playing" song previews on the forum and site aren't functioning properly after a PHP upgrade. We're working to resolve this issue.
Muppet Central Radio song previews should now be displaying correctly throughout the site and the forum.

cjd874

Reaction score
Very nice features! They make it much easier for the users to post, comment, chat, and write fanfics. I am really liking this new-and-improved forum. Well done, everyone! :smile:

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
Cool Forum updates. I really like the forum updates especially the Save Draft feature. Very Cool. :smile:

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Loving the new updates! As someone who only uses their iPod, I'm impressed and pleased with the new setup. It's so much more easy to access and I don't have to zoom in anymore.

The only tiff I have is that I can't see what thread was last replied to on the main page.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
i think the drop shadow around the post borders is a bit much. makes things look more cluttered than usual, but everything else is nice.

I especially like the fact the quotes are trimmed. God I hated scrolling through long quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.