Your Thoughts: Munich Memories and Beyond

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Jim Henson Company has returned to the Henson family. Read an editorial from Luke Robbins about the EM.TV era and what the future may hold for Henson.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/editorials/munich_memories.shtml

This article provides an indepth overview of why Henson and EM.TV got together in the first place, what went wrong, and Luke's opinion of what Henson can do in the future to better position themselves for long-term success.

Let us know what you think.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Thanks for the link! I'm glad that they're back in the hands of the Hensons :big_grin: :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd expect something like that from Luke!!

I mean the 'penguins' line. :smile:

Great article and I totally agree. If they plan to succeed, they need to study and learn from their past, what was successful and what failed, and get Kermit and Company back on TV soon.

I don't want to see folks thinking MB are THE Muppets, so I hope there's as much a push on the classic characters as there are for MB, which you all know my feelings on MB.

FOZ

scarecroe

Reaction score
Excellent article Luke. This is exactly the type of thing I was hoping someone would put together to chronicle the events of the past three years. It's really been quite a mess with it's near hits and misses.

Thanks for writing this; it would do many a Muppet fan good to read it over to really appreciate the struggle. Keep a sticky on this one for a while.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
scarecroe said:
Excellent article Luke. This is exactly the type of thing I was hoping someone would put together to chronicle the events of the past three years. It's really been quite a mess with it's near hits and misses.

Thanks for writing this; it would do many a Muppet fan good to read it over to really appreciate the struggle. Keep a sticky on this one for a while.
Ditto. VVVERY nice, Luke. Need to explain the EM.TV saga to someone and can't say it without having a lunch break? Hand out this article. And it does have a good perspective about what Henson should do next.

Once again, good job Luke. :zany:

Luke

Reaction score
Thanks for the great feedback guys, yeah - i thought it was important for there to be some overall chronicle of events, it will always be a very important period in the companies history ...... and this will remind us of the nightmare ! LOL ! Also kudos to Phillip on all the great work he did preparing the article for the site !

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
OK, quit gloating Robbins, it wasn't that great.

Kidding, it was awesome. :excited: