Your Thoughts: Miss Piggy on Today

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a reminder that on Friday morning Miss Piggy stops by The Today Show to promote her new book The Diva Code. After you watch the appearance, post here and share your thoughts. (As you likely know Miss Piggy's appearance was originally scheduled for Monday but was pushed back until this Friday.)

If you’d like more information on The Diva Code book, we’re talking about the new release here…
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=41126

The Diva Code is the second Muppet release from Hyperion. Last fall Pepe's first book, It's Hard Out Here For a Shrimp: Life, Love & Living Large was also released.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
She is Coming on next! and she is trying to take control of the show once again! she is ordering the diector around and fired some guy that was holding up some backon! ha Piggy is on fire today!

It was way to short however!

Convincing John

Reaction score
Did you see her with the makeup woman? Al Roker heard her ordering the makeup woman to "fill in the cracks" and he was cracking up!

Convincing John

dwayne1115

Reaction score
No oh i missed that aha that sounds funny!

Convincing John

Reaction score
It was right before the last commercial. I left the tape running so I'll see the "bacon bit" later on. Sounds good!

Convincing John

Convincing John

Reaction score
She's coming up right after the commercial break! They said "We'll be right back with Miss Piggy!"

My VCR is humming away...

Convincing John

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Good interview. That was worth waiting four days for. I liked that they showed her in behind the scenes stuff as well so you knew when she was coming. So now Miss Piggy is saying she isn't married to Kermit at the moment? I wonder what made her change her mind after that formal wedding in TMTM.

edwardsinclair

Reaction score
Looks like she'll be back in the final hour...and she brought ANOTHER outfit...

Convincing John

Reaction score
So now Miss Piggy is saying she isn't married to Kermit at the moment? I wonder what made her change her mind after that formal wedding in TMTM.
I wondered a little about that too. I'm sure Eric was expecting that question so he had to think on his toes to give a fresh answer. This is the first I've heard Piggy mention that she and the frog weren't hitched.

A couple things I noticed...

...is the new Piggy puppet they're using stiffer than past Piggies? Is this a new foam they're using? The Piggy of the 70s/80s seemed a little more flexible. The current Piggy is cute, but the designers seemed to hit their "Piggy peak" design-wise in 1980. Eric was very good, but it seemed like he was having a little trouble with Piggy's snout mobility. Just my 2 cents.

Also, is it just me, or is Eric's Piggy voice even deeper now? Maybe it's because he was performing early in the morning...?:confused:

Good interview, short but good. I liked the behind the scenes stuff better than the actual interview. It sounded like Eric had fun just ad-libbing with the crew. I loved the bit where Piggy was wearing the director's headset!

Convincing John