Your Thoughts: Miss Piggy on The View

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Miss Piggy will be continuing her tour to promote her new book The Diva Code with a scheduled appearance on The View this Thursday February 12. After you watch the appearance, post here and share your thoughts.

If you’d like more information on The Diva Code book, we’re talking about the new release here…
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=41126

The Diva Code is the second Muppet release from Hyperion. Last fall Pepe's first book, It's Hard Out Here For a Shrimp: Life, Love & Living Large was also released.

Note: This thread will be open for posting on Thursday morning.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, I enjoyed that for the most part. I especially liked that they showed the clip from 'Muppets Tonight.' I almost forgot about that number that Miss Piggy did with Whoopi.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Hmm...(nods) not bad.

I noticed Eric's doing a little of that "lower lip pout" on some of the words in Piggy's dialogue (like Frank used to do). It looked like the same Piggy puppet they used on the 2nd segment of the Today Show.

The "wo-pig" reference was a surprise, as was the clip from Muppets Tonight. I did notice that the Piggy on the View looked a LOT better than the Muppets Tonight Piggy from the clip...the eye focus especially.

"Never eat any more than you can lift"...I've heard that Piggy quote before. Maybe from the "Guide to Life" book?

I'm sure there is a script for a lot of these questions, but I think Eric had some fun ad-libbing as well.

Convincing John

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll say it was pretty cute. References to past segments... that one from Muppets Tonight and that old W-O-P-I-G..... plus I loved that line "Don't talk about the recession! I want Kermie to think he can spend anything he wants on me."

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh my, I really really REALLY loved this appearance. Piggy was funny and cute and everyone respected her and honestly wanted her opinions.

"If he remembers your face and your name and the model and make of your car, so he can fill out a restraining order, he's Not that into you."

Oh I loved it.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
OMG, that's really funny!

Eric's really gotten Miss Piggy down as a character, and that's probably a good thing as the pig continues to make appearances.

BTW, I've noticed that Eric's Piggy is a bit deeper and not as high-pitched as Frank Oz's Piggy.

BJ

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, that was really funny! Especially love the moment with Joy at the end!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
OMG, that's really funny!

Eric's really gotten Miss Piggy down as a character, and that's probably a good thing as the pig continues to make appearances.

BTW, I've noticed that Eric's Piggy is a bit deeper and not as high-pitched as Frank Oz's Piggy.

BJ
Yeah. I've noticed a differnece in the voice for quite a few lines. She does sound a bit too much like Grover sometimes. I realize that sometimes she's supposed to sound like Grover and other times she's supposed to sound more feminine. Eric might need to pick up on that a little, but other than that he does a good job. I might want to check out that clip again though. I sort of missed the 'W-O-P-I-G' thing.

Muppet Loverr

Reaction score
I liked this apppearence~

Last time Piggy was on all they had of the Diamonds number was a crappy quality pictre..looks like one off of Muppet Wiki ..XD

But i wish they used the puppet head (with the curly hair-which looks sooo nice) on that body...

Eric reallly does his research when it comes to knowing his puppets