Your Thoughts: Miss Piggy on The Tonight Show November 4

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
I thought the appearance was great! Piggy looked great (although like others I really didn't like the long red skirt, but I guess it was there for practical puppeteering purposes). I loved that they showed a montage of her work and the audience reaction was awesome! I also loved the bit where she came out and Jay kissed her hand- Eric has been doing really detailed facial expressions for Piggy really well.

She did a good job during her main interview- it's not quite at the level of awesomeness that she used to be when Frank did interviews on the Today show, etc, but it's getting there! Loved the "enhancement" bit- perfect amount of risque for late-night. I really loved the audience reaction when Jay said that they are glad to have her back on the big screen!!!

and then...Mickey Rourke.....what a jerk!! I cannot believe that he called Piggy an "it" and then literally groped her!!! Eric handled it great given the situation since it was live TV, Piggy had a nice tongue-in-cheek comment and all the while Mickey just looked like an idiot and a jerk. I really wished that a different guest star would have been there so Piggy could have had more back-and-forth with them but with Mickey any reaction is kind of limited because of him being the nut-job that he is!!!

All-in-all, great appearance and I can't wait to see more!!!

muppetmia

Reaction score
LOOOOOOOOOOVED IT! Eric is AMAZING! He's my favorite puppeteer. :mad: Loved the plastic surgery jokes -"her people donating collagen" was fantastic.
Miss Piggy is a class act.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Piggy is really going to be a huge star in this I think i got teary eyed when she came in and said there is only one MISS PIGGY! and she is right there is!

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Cool! Thanks Phillip. I never saw the bit with Rourke, I kinda wanted to see what all that was about.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------------------
Seriously...TERRIBLE guest star pairing! But Eric handled it well enough. Did anyone else have the impression that the voice/mouth movement for Piggy was just the slightest bit off? Wondering if that was just my crappy station's feed or if it really WAS a little off!

LOVED the "wearing REAL frog" comment. And the collagen joke. And the audience reaction.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Seriously...TERRIBLE guest star pairing! But Eric handled it well enough. Did anyone else have the impression that the voice/mouth movement for Piggy was just the slightest bit off? Wondering if that was just my crappy station's feed or if it really WAS a little off!

LOVED the "wearing REAL frog" comment. And the collagen joke. And the audience reaction.

Yea I noticed that a little too. For the most part it worked though so it didn't bug me too much. I think it goes back to what D'Snowht mentioned about Eric still getting use to live TV.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Brad Paisley accidentally touched Miss Piggy's "enhancements" during her CMA awards appearance. He was apologetic about it though- guess Piggy's enhancements are really working for her, lol!