Your Thoughts: MC's Birthday

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier, Muppet Central is now seven years old. Congratulations everyone! We are excited about what 2005 has in store.

(1) As you think back what are some of your favorite Muppet Central memories?

(2) If you could see us do one thing in 2005 what would it be?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I first came to know Muppet Central back in 1999 (six years ago) when looking for information on the upcoming Muppets from Space. After finding the site it sat in my favorite places for some time, I would check regularly for my Muppet news fix, and too read some articles and whatnot in my free time. I was not until recently that I joined the forums, but I have been a visitor for many years.

In that time the site has grown in content, changed in look, and become the ultimate Muppet site online (in my opinion). But through out all of that the heart of the site has stayed true. I would like to thank Philip (and the whole MC staff for the years of fun, news, information, music (thanks to the awesome MC radio), fellowship, friendship, and fan-ship. I think Muppet Central lives up to what it truly means to be a Muppet fan.

Kermit the Frog said it best when he said: Yeah, well, I've got a dream too. But it's about singing and dancing and making people happy. That's the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with. And, well, I've found a whole bunch of friends who have the same dream. And, well, it kind of makes us like a family. I feel like Muppet Central unites the fans into this kind of family. It is magical and wonderful.

I hope Muppet Central continues to grow and prosper for years to come. I would love too see more Muppet guides (The Muppet Show season 3 and possibly season 4) go up in 2005 - that would be great!. I would love to see more articles (reviews, editorials, interviews, or whatever), plus more news and information on Muppet/Henson happenings. I hope the keep being able to hear the best Muppet music on MC Radio. And I would love to see the friendship and fellowship of these forums (and the whole site) continue to grow and get better and better. I know Muppet Central will continue to grow and will continue to delight and surprise us all, while keeping the Muppet fans united and sharing our love for the Muppets like never before.

Now, with all that said there is only one thing left to say:

:smile: Happy Birthday Muppet Central!!:excited:

Now blow out the candles, and have a piece of cake!

King Jim

Reaction score
Happy 7th Birthday Muppet Central. :excited:

I hope that Full House Central becomes successful like Muppet Central did.

I first came here back in 2004 after Disney bought the Muppets. So I decided to join and be part of this forum.

Also, in 2005 this will be the Muppets 50th Anniversary. I can't wait to see what Phil has in stock for us. :excited:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Happy 7th Birthday MC!

Happy Birthday MC! Glad I can watch MC celebrate. I just joined almost a year ago,so I really don't have a lot of memories.I've made lots of friends in here & happy that I've been able to share my muppet memories with all of you.Thanks Phillip for making MC a great place to be me. As for 2005,we'll see what our creative minds can come up with.:smile:

Happy Birthday MC,to one & all! <singing> Thanks for the memories....

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I became aware of Muppet Central in late 2001 and at first, simply enjoyed a reliable source for Muppet news. I didn't start checking out the forums until mid 2002, and then after reading enough, I just had to join as a member in late 2003.
MC is my all time favorite site, and I visit numerous times on a daily basis. I've been listening to MC radio for a year, and since my new job, I listen every day and am so thrilled at the intense and wonderful work Mr. Chapman and his staff do on a regular basis.
Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing the forums increase in overall capability; more room for larger file size avatars that animate, more options for a users profile so members can post a picture of themselves under their user cp so other members get a better idea of their online friends, perhaps more options for your signature, like the ability to have an animated (or not) picture that helps personalize the user. I also wouldn't mind seeing Muppet merchandise exclusive to MC, like MC t-shirts, hats, magnets, keychains and the like.
But that's really just opinions on improving the already perfect site; so:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Muppet Central! Or as I like to say: Cumpleaños felices! Joyeux Anniversaire! Glücklicher Geburtstag! Compleanno felice! Gelukkige Verjaardag! Feliz aniversário! Glad Fødselsdag! and Happy Birthday!

sheesh

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Muppet Central !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool: 7 years eh!
Congratulations and thank you to all for keeping it going so that after many many years of being computerless it was still here for me to come back to.
It's a great site and i'm really enjoying the forum.
As for 2005....
Whatever you do i'm sure it will be;
1) FUN!
2) informative
3)Keeping it a place where all us 'felt-minded' enthusiasts will love to visit for many more years to come!
:excited:

christyb

Reaction score
Many Happy Returns Muppet Central.

I think I first saw MC about well...umm.....Junior year of high school. So that'd be what two years now? Anyway kinda drifted but never really stopped by regular until October of this year. Now I'm lovin' it. Keep up the good work guys. I never knew there were really still any hard core fans left out there until I came here. Thank you for a place where we all can "get together" Happy Birthday MC! Or should that be Happy Birthday to us all????? :smile:

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I love the fabulous banner!! It is, as suggested by the previous sentence, fabulous.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
YAY!!

Wow, I don't even remember how many years ago it was when I first found MC and the forums. I do know that MC forums were the very first I ever signed up for over at Delphi, and then here.

My memories? I think making my friends have been the very best of the best part of this all. The very first role-play we did together was fun, and meeting everyone at MuppetFest was way on yonder too cool!

Of course, some of my friendships have branched out and I actually keep in touch via phone and emails all the time with some folks (all the time meaning at least once a month, haa).

In 2005? I dunno, unless there's a way to add that photo album folks keep asking for, or to maybe start a song lyrics part of the site with pages for the different Muppet, SS, FR, Bear, Specials, song "books."

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Muppet Central! :wink:

I was first introduced to the site back in ‘99 while searching for substantial Muppet content. Muppet Central was a spectacular surprise for this Henson fanatic. :concern:

I am honored to have played my small role in re-branding the site – a site created and maintained by passionate Muppet lovers and dreamers. Every single visitor leaves his and her indelible mark on MC. This has always been a cool place for all fans around the globe.

Thanks everybody for making Muppet Central what it is. And thank you Phillip for your hours of effort in giving us all a place to play. I am privileged to know all of my MC friends.

No matter how crazy things get I always find my way back home! :smile: