Your Thoughts: MC’s 13th Birthday

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Happy Birthday and heres to many more Muppet years to come. :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
13 years is awesome. I guess I joined in not long after it got started, huh? Happy Birthday to the original Muppet Fan Website.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Happy Birthday, Muppet Central. Here's to your awkward adolescence!

Perhaps we should celebrate with a Bar Muppzvah?

:smile:

mummytomb

Reaction score
I'm predicting
1. A Muppet movie toned down for 5 year olds. People will have to decide between that and the likes of marmaduke 2.
2. Not enough public interest for. a fraggle movie.
3. Dark Crystal sequel. Direct to video.
4. Amazing puppetry innovations from Henson that fail to reach their potential ( i.e. Sid the science kid).
5. Muppet cartoon developing for Disney Jr. Further perpetuating the misconception of Muppets being for children.

I hope I'm wrong on all of these.

TSSD

Reaction score
^ Wow, you're just Mr. Optimistic, aren't you?:big_grin:

mummytomb

Reaction score
Like i said, i hope otherwise.
Not pessimistic, but perhaps realistic?

TSSD

Reaction score
2,3, and 4, possibly, but I hope not. Jason Segal seems to really be trying to get the Muppets back to what they were in the height of their popularity, and I think I trust him. As for Disney Jr, I doubt a show featuring the Muppet Muppets would ever be made, not even Disney is that stupid.

Puckrox

Reaction score
1. A Muppet movie toned down for 5 year olds. People will have to decide between that and the likes of marmaduke 2.
I seriously doubt that. Jason Segel's hoping to get the feel of the first three Muppet movies, which were definitely not made just for five year olds. I think it'll be a movie for all ages. Enough that kids enjoy it, but still with a few jokes just for adults.

2. Not enough public interest for. a fraggle movie.
Nah to this too. Enough people grew up with Fraggle Rock that, if a movie were to come out, I think a lot of people would go to it. And a lot of people would definitely take their kids to it too.