1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Letters to Santa Teaser On-line

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Nov 28, 2008.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Oh no, it helped enough, Ed! No big thing, I was just wondering! :D Thanks for the response my fiend!

ELEVEN MORE DAYS! :excited:
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Any time o duke of chutney. *Sends Uncle D to check on whether another chappy's ready for posting from this prawn that keeps cracking.
  3. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

Really? Some people get excited over anything... some of you just wanna see Muppets, nomatter what they're doing. I loved that last bit where Claire saw all the Muppets at her door, but I'm afraid this is really gonna be a special where all we see are corny bits like that musical number or where "Sam" explains why opening letters is a federal Oh-fense. (Where's the bite that Sam used to have?) :attitude:
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Well I kinda see what you mean. In the past, Sam's character was that he detested sick popular tastes and preferred high culture. Talking about breaking the law isn't quite the same thing. Again, it's more kiddie-ish.

But you really can't judge until you see something. :)
  5. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

come on at least give it a chance before you bad mouth it
  6. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

I WANT to like it, but so much of what the Muppets have done wrong is affecting my desire to be optimistic. So... sorry lol
  7. heralde

I think there's reasons to be optimistic or pessimistic, hehe. But in the end, it's best to wait and see. :)
  8. AAO

AAO Member

I am very pleased with the clip of the special as well as other bits and pieces that have been shown on promo's...

Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Pepe, and Rizzo hanging off of Santa's sleigh? That looks hilarious! And something that seems like that would happen to the muppets...

very merry muppet christmas movie was good i thought.. it revisited the theater and brought back that feeling that the muppet show has been going on for years just as Kermit said in an interview promoting the Season 3 dvds... saying that the show's still going on but without cameras and a network to carry them! Ironically, it would be funny to see NBC pick up a series through ABC to promote the muppets on a different netwrk. Don't putt'em on Disney Channel Specials... c'mon!.. they'll be "flavor of the month" to tweens...
  9. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

What on EARTH about the clips on NBC.com gives you reason to have doubts about this special? There is absolutely nothing I can see wrong about ANY of the clips--in fact, they're all a HUGE step in the RIGHT direction. This is classic Muppet stuff we're witnessing, you're just so intent on believing everything Disney does with the Muppets will be bad you won't even give it a chance. Have you SEEN the Muppets.com videos? The YouTube videos? Come on now. There's no longer a reason to be pessimistic concerning the Muppets and it's a good feeling--embrace it.
  10. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Well one thing about the clips that worries me is the part with Santa. I hope it is minimized. I'd rather have seen them do a wink and a nod that Santa is real instead of the muppets flat out meeting him. In Muppet Family christmas they did that and I thought it worked much better.
  11. Frogpuppeteer

they kinda already showed them meeting santa im pretty sure its a little late for that....besides whats so bizzare about them meeting santa...then again i guess the logic of a bear with a magenta nose is more realistic in a movie
  12. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

In what production did the muppets meet santa? And I'm not talking about realism here.

If you are talking about the clip from the NBC special then i already mentioned it as what I am worried about and that I hope it is kept to a minimum. And frankly there is a difference between a talking bear that does comedy and Santa. Santa is straight up children stuff. I'd rather overtly children's stuff not be included in muppet productions. Christmas is one thing, but Santa is strictly kids and it makes the muppets seem like strictly kids stuff as well.
  13. Frogpuppeteer

hah i love the internet and how it takes one phrase and turns it around, i was messing with ya MWOO didn't mean to ruffle feathers. i truly understand your logic of Santa being childish if anything he fits more in sesame street, hey id rather believe in talking frogs and comedian bears and a whatever any day, but i don't know it seems like a small part for Santa but hard to tell you know
  14. heralde

Yeah I'm just slightly concerned because these same characters who talked about the universal spirituality of Christmas in years past are now reducing it to being excited over Santa Claus. I think in the past the Muppets were adult characters with adult qualities and interests, but that kids could enjoy as well. Hearing these characters now being shocked that one of them doesn't believe in Santa doesn't ring true to me.
  15. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Exactly. They were adults that happened to be puppets. Of course since santa actually exists in this special I suppose it makes sense for them to believe in him, but wouldn't it have been better if they didn't believe and then found he was real? At least then they could still be adults.

Also past specials were never really about Santa as much as they were about family. I hope in the end Kermit is happier about getting to spend christmas with his friends than he is about meeting Santa.
  16. heralde

Actually I think in years past they might have done it in sort of that way. Like, it makes sense for Robin to believe in Santa Claus and for Kermit to help him write a letter, not for Kermit to write his own letter.

Exactly, in MFC you felt like they were beyond the childish reasons for Christmas (sending letters to get presents for yourself for instance) and were more concerned with simply getting together.
  17. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Also, even Sesame Street specials didn't out right show Santa. I don't know about the newer ones but Christmas Eve on Sesame Street didn't show Santa, it alluded to him. That's how it should be done. While this special does look well done and has the muppets in full form, I don't like that their ages seem to have been reduced. Now they are more like kids who have adult lives, like Bert and Ernie.
  18. heralde

It does feel like they went from one extreme to the other here, from jaded to kiddie. Hopefully some balance can be reached. And you know, even Ernie and Bert had to buy each other presents, rather than write letters to Santa, which made for a poignant story about generosity and sacrifice.

But again, can't review it til ya see it. :)
  19. pattywack

pattywack New Member

Wowww everyone seems so enthusiastic about the clips. It's getting me so excited, but even more annoyed that I can't see them :(

I wonder if the actual special will air on Australian cable?

I sure hope so!
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Honestly, I think they're showing too much now, but we are all likely in for a treat.

It will probably hit YouTube, Hulu or there might be an offer to buy it after it airs from the NBC store like they did with their last Muppet Christmas special.