Your Thoughts: Lady Gaga and The Muppets Holiday Spectacular on ABC

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, you must mean the Santa Baby daydream. Though that was one of the parts I didn't like, it at least gave Piggy a big fantasy spotlight song like the original Muppet movies. Too bad it just wasn't as good as it could have been.
BTW: Bo, there's a thread around here regarding the UK airing of the special, dunno who started it though.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
I think the primary problem with the special is that it wasn't well-thought out. It was a lame attempt to promote a crummy album, with some Muppets thrown in. It felt awkward and forced. The clip above displays the best the special had to offer, and even that wasn't particularly funny.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Most film is now shot and projected digitally so most of this is moot. I so miss the flicker of actual celluloid. That's the real crime.
Yes, I've said that many times before, if you were to take something from the olden days that was shot on 35mm film (property restored and remastered, that is), and compare it to something today that was shot digitally, you can see the world of difference, and the 35mm still looks so much better, clearer, and sharper, whereas digital has a slight, soft surface blur to the picture, and you also have to put up with pixelization and artifacts when there's a lot of movement in the scene (like snow for example).

smalltimecrook

Reaction score
Oscarfan - slightly off topic, but you couldn't do the same for the full Gaga/Elton duet, could you?