Your Thoughts: Kevin Clash on Oprah

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I'm wondering will it show in re-runs perhaps? Or will it be re-aired later today? I'm at college right now, and I'm missing it as I type this out!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It was so awesome! I really enjoyed it, but yes: I felt they could've run longer with Kevin and Elmo, I mean look how long they focused on those other guys?

doctort13

Reaction score
Kevin and Elmo were given about 2-3 minutes. Too short a segment in my opinion. You could let Oprah know at www.oprah.com, but you have to register and give your name, address, and shoe size.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My favorite quote from that segment: (I taped it, lol!) "Miss Oprah, you don't have a black man walking behind you like Elmo does do you?"
I also like "hubba hubba" in regards to Diane Sawyer.

Quick question though: don't full-body muppets like Elmo have extra "skin" below the legs to ensure the muppeteer's arm is hidden?

doctort13

Reaction score
I believe there are several versions of each puppet to use in various situations and enviroments.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Well it was nice to see Kevin on the show. Seems with age, his neck has gotten thicker. But overall he looked good.

I have to admit an hour show and they only give Kevin 5 minutes of air time is not cool. But like most interviewers, they haven't a clue what to ask a puppeteer.

Also I don't think it's very professional of Oprah to mention that Kevin is a multi-millionaire and the highest paid Muppeteer ever. A performer's finances should remain private.

To quote Bob Hope: "The quickest way to make enemies is to tell them how much money you have."

rtgentry

Reaction score
I was dissapointed in the time she gave him. I loved elmo though. I want that puppet!!!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
This appearance sound horrible so far! Can't believe it's that short!! :mad:

I haven't got to watch it yet, have it saved on my DVR (wife is in control of the t.v. right now :stick_out_tongue: ). Hopefully I'll get to watch it tonight, and I'm very glad I'll be able to fast forward through the rest of the, what, 57 minutes?

Sheesh. :smirk: