Your Thoughts: Kermit's Swamp Years: TV Airings and Opinions

Struble

Reaction score
Originally posted by sidcrowe
From what we've heard so far, it seems every bit the sad slab of banal product I feared it'd be:frown:
Yeah, "from what you've heard." It's amazing that you haven't heard |anything| good about it. Yeap.

I have a theory. My theory is that there isn't anybody who "expected" to hate it. Just people who |wanted| to hate it, so they did.

Monkeys on surfboards eating bananas.
Sh.

Struble

Reaction score
Re: swamp years amoung other things...

Originally posted by SNLIM
anyway, after this airing of swamp years i'm not so psyched about the new fox series if it's going to be anything like this.
That's a really abstract connection that you are making there. Because |you| didn't like a movie that was 100% geared for children, you don't expect the show -- which if not directed more towards adults, will be aimed at the whole family -- will not be good? Just because they were both made by the same people doesn't mean that they'll be |anything| alike. It would be like making a judgement on the movie Desperado after watching Spy Kids. They really have nothing in common.

Sh.

tomahawk

Reaction score
i am so excited to buy this movie!!!!!! sept. 3 cannot come quick enough. like i said before the reveiws are really getting me up for swamp years.

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Don't have Stars. Have to wait for the DVD. Not in a hurry to see it really.
I wouldn't be in a hurry except that I did see it. I hope you like it Jamie. As I put, I wasn't completely sold but I wasn't disappointed by it either. OPTIMISM!!!

dan

Reaction score
I have NEVER wanted to not like a muppet movie. I get so fired up everytime one is released. But I am also able to call a film what it is, and this was SSOOOOOOOO BORING!
I was extremely disappointed and would have been willing to except a lot less.

towels

Reaction score
Re: Re: swamp years amoung other things...

Originally posted by Struble
That's a really abstract connection that you are making there. Because |you| didn't like a movie that was 100% geared for children, you don't expect the show -- which if not directed more towards adults, will be aimed at the whole family -- will not be good? Just because they were both made by the same people doesn't mean that they'll be |anything| alike. It would be like making a judgement on the movie Desperado after watching Spy Kids. They really have nothing in common.

Sh.
Were Desperado and Spy Kids produced by the same people? Written by the same people? I guarantee I'll pass judgement on any movie advertising "From the writer of Speed" or "From the Producers of Waterworld" before I see it.

To me the questions should be why was this movie 100% geared for children? Who made that decision? How do we know they won't make that same decision for the series?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SNLIM
anyway, after this airing of swamp years i'm not so psyched about the new fox series if it's going to be anything like this.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new Muppet Show will be something new and edgy but will have classic elements. It is still in the formative stages, but it will likely be for a more adult audience. I wouldn't worry.

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
I think a few people are jumping to conclusions. This was a unique instance of a "different" type of show. They have to experiment y'all, they're artists and the must get their feet wet and try things out!!

It doesn't mean that one not so good show will reflect on the rest. Just wait and see, predictions are just going to drive you insane and the "what if's" will only remain "what if's" regarding the comparison of KSY to the series coming up.

If you're true Muppet fans, then remain optimistic...Believe in the power of the MUPPETS and their maintainers.

I can eat my words later if need be but I'm thinking I won't have to.

Take it easy yo.

Struble

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: swamp years amoung other things...

Originally posted by towels
Were Desperado and Spy Kids produced by the same people? Written by the same people?
Both films were written, directed, and produced by Robert Rodriguez. He also did some of the camera operation in both films. With some of the other producers being the same people. Also Antonio Banderas and Cheech Marin play parts in both movies.

These are, of course, two very different type of movies, and making judgements on one based on the other would just be plain silly.

Sh.

SNLIM

Reaction score
i really didn't mean to start such an uproar by my last post, i realize that the new fox series may not be anything like swamp years and all that, i was just thinking. not that i don't want y'all to point out when i'm screwing up and stuff, i prefer you to, but i just wanted to let y'all (y'all? geez i really am in texas) know that i wasn't totally being pessimistic about the new series. i suppose that most of you are right in the whole "keeping faith in the muppets" and all.

Now for something unrelated and random: (don't think i'm obsessed with these figures or anything) has anyone heard of rumors of a pepe action figure?