Your Thoughts: Kermit's Swamp Years: TV Airings and Opinions

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kermit's Swamp Years TV Airings

Just a reminder, Kermit's Swamp Years will debut in the US this Sunday on Starz. Here are the times when the film will be shown in the next month.

Starz!
Aug. 18: 6:30 pm
Aug. 21: 7:05 am, 2:00 pm
Aug. 26: 12:35 pm
Aug. 31: 10:00 am

Starz! Family
Sep. 7: 7:00 pm
Sep. 8: 11:35 am
Sep 11: 7:15 am, 9 pm
Sep 22: 8:05 am
Sep 22: 5:35 pm
Sep 26: 10:20 am, 7 pm

Sep. 3: DVD and video released

All times above are Eastern. There are several Starz stations for different time zones, so check local listings below to be sure you don't miss the new feature in your area.

http://www.tvguide.com/listings/

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that Kermit's Swamp Years is airing did it meet your expectations? Are you wanting there to be more Kermit's Swamp Years stories or do you think this one is complete enough in itself.

Post your thoughts about the new feature here after you watch it. Let us know what you think about the premiere!

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
No, it didn't meet my expectations. Mainly because I don't get Starz! LOL! I guess I'll just have to wait until it comes to video. :frown:
I'm sure all those who saw it will post stuff about it here!

Sir Didymus

Struble

Reaction score
Met my expectations. Exactly what I expected. Cute little movie for kids.

I can't believe I didn't even connect Jim Lewis's mention of a "really rockin' Rainbow Connection" with the Me First and the Gimme Gimmes version. Seems so obvious now. I can't believe I didn't even connect it with the Less Than Jake version. Got both of those. Silly me.

*puts on the Me First and the Gimme Gimmes record*
Sh.

Thog

Reaction score
I really hated it. I think that is the first time I ever said that about a muppet production. But it was really bad. Lets hope they don't do another one.

Struble

Reaction score
Originally posted by Thog
I really hated it.
Somehow, I'm betting that that will be the general consensus around here. But hey, again, I state, I liked it.

But then I do like Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, and I was reading some rant on here from a guy who hates punks. I better hide. :smile:

Sh.

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
I didn't hate it, but I didn't particularly care for it. It just didnt seem to capture the Muppet magic as well as other movies. I didn't like the CG, and I didn't like that the dog continuously went from Muppet to dog to Muppet. I haven't seen the other movies in ages, did anything like that go on in those?

Don't read if you dont like spoilers...............

Seriously, they're small, but if you don't like spoilers...........

Just in case you missed the first two.................

I did get a little chuckle from the Statler and Waldorf appearance, and I thought the Henson mail box was kind of, "cute" I guess would be the word :wink:

Struble

Reaction score
There were a couple good background jokes here and there. The Sam and Friends reference in the background cracked me up.

Sh.

SNLIM

Reaction score
Kermit's Swamp Years

I was somewhat disapointed with the show because i always thought that the muppets (original show and movies) were pretty much enjoyable for adults (well "young adults" and up) but would amuse children of all ages since some of the jokes only adults would get. Basically, I just thought that the show was too "kiddy" and that the actual humans in the show seemed like they were acting in a "kiddy" movie.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't that bad. I would still like to see more just because it's muppets but i could live without. It just isn't the same I guess, but then again is it supposed to be? I mean the only parts that I really liked were things like the beginning about the prosthetic parts and some of the quirks from goggles.

BTW: Does anybody have any or know of any pictures or updates (text or any) about the Mega-Muppets?

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
Swamp years need a few more

Hey all,
I saw the show and felt it was very very kid oriented (well of course, but...) I just had a hope there would be more adult humor added or more subtle sarcasm. I did like the Woody Allen type friend in Goggles and the laid back / prideful attitude of Croakers. Those two were cool and funny.

But for some reason, it just didn't grab me or make me really laugh out loud. It was more cute than anything else.
I think it would be nice to have more swamp years adventures as I want to see the whole adolescence of Kermit unfold to bravery where he'll leave the swamp.

Puppetry wise, I liked it very much. Felt it was right on. I also really enjoyed the credits / goofy outtakes.

For a first run, it was ok, seemed amateur (story wise) but if more are made, they can perfect it. I have optimism for the Swamp years in future tense if it is a possibility to have more shows made. Anyway, good day to all. :smile: