Your Thoughts: Kermit and the Muppets on Jimmy Kimmel Live

CousinLuke

Reaction score
Who is doing animal tonight? I realize that it's not Frank, but the voice is so off. It sounds like me doing animal (the only muppet Frank Oz voice I can do is grover). I must say, on my TV The comic who was in Iraq is talking. I wish the earlier late night shows would have kermit for a week. If Letterman (or Leno) gets sick maybe he could guest host, or even just even have him on as a guest. However, I do have to say that at least Kimmel is making the week a tribute to the muppets almost. I would have guessed that he woujld think the Muppets were too childish.

jediX

Reaction score
As I just said, even I can outvoice that guy and I'm not a Henson employee nor do I do voice acting. lol, in fact, I think I'm going to record some voices now .....

jediX

Reaction score
Alright, as a product of boredem and the fact that I get to sleep in tomorrow (no class till 1, yay), I recorded a few of my voices. Anyway, let me know how you think the Kimmel appearance Animal compares to mine...thanks.

-Update-
GAAAH!!! I can't directly link to the file...here's a link page.

http://mhohnstein.tripod.com/junk/animal.htm

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
It's better, but not great.

The green room bit was cute.

What does it mean when the network your show is on misspells your name? (Jimmel Kimmel)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
At least Kermit kind of bit back tonight. when the name of one of the kid's skateboard tricks sounded a bit profane, Kermit said," So that's why you were booked on the show." LOL! Cute kid. His ears sticking out of his helmet cracked me up. Who lets their little kids do that kind of stuff though. Man!

Animal was performed well as far as movement and personality. The voice wasn't right at all, but it was nice to see him there. I don't think Animal has a permanent performer at the moment. I could see the performer a few times and it looked like Bill Barretta. His movements were also kind of Barrettaish. :halo: :rolleyes: :smile:

I don't see why Letterman hasn't had Kermit on the show. He's had Beavis and Butthead, Homer Simpson and other such icons. Kermit beats them all in my opinion. Personally I'd like to see Letterman with Miss Piggy, Pepe or Johnny. They have more of a bite to their humor that would keep him on his toes.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
CousinLuke said:
Who is doing animal tonight? I realize that it's not Frank, but the voice is so off. It sounds like me doing animal (the only muppet Frank Oz voice I can do is grover). I must say, on my TV The comic who was in Iraq is talking. I wish the earlier late night shows would have kermit for a week. If Letterman (or Leno) gets sick maybe he could guest host, or even just even have him on as a guest. However, I do have to say that at least Kimmel is making the week a tribute to the muppets almost. I would have guessed that he woujld think the Muppets were too childish.
I haven't watched it yet, but it must have been John Kennedy who voiced Animal. That was him who did that Animal that didn't sound right in the Mastercard commercial. And John, if you're reading this no offense. We're not trying to put any negativity towards you. It's just that Animal might not be your character. Anyway, I'll have to listen for that when I get a chance.

NikZane

Reaction score
I wasn't at all impressed with tonight's Kimmel. Why are there no guests that get excited about meeting Kermit (with the exception of Darryl Hannah, who was purportedly a friend and admirer of Jim Henson)?

They all either ignore him or make snide remarks. To paraphrase the awful 'comic', "Kermit the Frog? What, couldn't you get the Robot from Lost in Space?". What a jerk.

Sorry for the negative comments, but I really feel for Steve and Kermit having to endure these people. I'm loving seeing Kermit, but for his sake, I can't wait for this week to be over.

I agree with the Animal remarks too, his voice was too far removed from what I consider to be Animal's. Otherwise, it was nice seeing him there.

That little skater kid was great tho, being a skateboard myself, I really enjoyed his segment. He gets extra points for Rodney Mullen being his favorite skater :wink:

Kermit's green room skit was cute too :smile:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Quote:
"He said 'RETIRED'. "

"Oh, sorry....sure sounded like he said it though. Guess I need to switch from the cheap tapes back to the Sony ones... "

LOL!!ahaha! what a hoot! yeah I was wondering? When and why did they say that word?! Now if you think about it, gosh how teriable would that have been if they said that?! A silly mix up though! :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, I kind of agree with what you said. I sort of expected the skateboarding kid to be excited about seeing Kermit, since quite a few kids like the Muppets. But he wasn't. (I guess a lot of kids these days are more into Pokemon or Yug-i-Oh and don't even know who Kermit the Frog is.)

About Animal, I agree he didn't sound right. But compared to how he sounded in the Mastercard ad, that was quite an improvement. Besides, he didn't say much. He was just playing drums. I'm guessing that it probably wasn't John Kennedy who performed him, like I previously guessed since it didn't sound like his Animal. Who had the source guide that said it was Bill Barreta who performed Statler this week? I think whoever it was could tell us who performed Animal.

Also, I didn't get the whole show on tape. I think something went wrong with my local TV station and part of the show got cut off. What did I miss after the segment with that roller-skating kid?

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Yeah, I kind of agree with what you said. I sort of expected the skateboarding kid to be excited about seeing Kermit, since quite a few kids like the Muppets. But he wasn't. (I guess a lot of kids these days are more into Pokemon or Yug-i-Oh and don't even know who Kermit the Frog is.)
Well, I'm a big kid (26 going on 5), and I would have been thrilled to meet Kermit! :smile: It didn't seem like the little boy was unenthusiastic to me--I just thought he was shy. I can understand... If I actually met Kermit, I'd probably freeze up completely and sputter incomprehensibly. I might blurt out "greeny flippy bulgy-eyed one" or something like that, but nothing coherent.

:big_grin: