Your Thoughts: Kermit and Miss Piggy on America's Got Talent

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
I have a question to pose -

How would fans feel about live Muppet performances at the Disney parks (only) with different performers? For some reason, that's where I think things might be headed.
I, for one, would not approve. One Muppet = One Performer.
Muppet Vision 3D is great, and I'm all for the Muppets making more regular appearances, but not if its going to be some hack-job to boost Disney's popularity.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
How would fans feel about live Muppet performances at the Disney parks (only) with different performers? For some reason, that's where I think things might be headed.
I for one would be all for it. On one condition... the dialogue is pre-recorded. Sure, that sort of takes away from the "live" aspect, but having the actual puppets in a stage show with the actual voices is better than if they chose to do it with full-body characters again. Keep the voices and the puppets and a live stage show at the parks could be a lot of fun! :sing:

rtgentry

Reaction score
Dont get your hopes up for any halloween special! I listened to it again and again and now that the initial shock has worn off, it actually sounds like Jims kermit. Its doesnt look like him, but that is puppetheaps fault. His eyes are too far forward or something. But I think once you get through all the shock of wondering where steve is, I think Artie did a great job.
But yes I am worried about what happened to steve. Hope disney didnt pull some buisness move mumbo jumbo.

SJohnson

Reaction score
I have a question to pose -

Cool! I always love seeing the Muppets perform live. Just look at the reaction that the Muppets Mobile Labs got. I never got to see the big Muppet stage show in Florida in person, but I did see some video of it. The Playhouse Disney Live show is a personal favorite of mine - especially the Bear in the Big Blue House segments. Also (and I know this isn't live, but still) the Waldorf and Statler in the balcony crack me up. Yes, I'd love to see live Muppets. :excited:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I thought the whole purpose of the One Muppet – One Voice campaign was so that specifically did not happen. If I remember correctly, it was a cruise line that was going to do that and that's what started the whole campaign in the first place.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
On the totally fictitious topic of park performances...

Honestly, there's a part of me that would say that it's okay to have some sort of live park performance with the Muppet puppets performed by understudies. There's a way they could use a voice track and maybe add lib a line or two at the audience. The costumed Muppet character counterparts are more inconsistent to me, but I understand their place. However, it is a slippery slope.

All (other) live and taped performances should really be the real deal or no deal. If Kermit can’t come, bring a different Muppet in. Why not have made it Gonzo and Camilla or Gonzo in a Kermit costume with Miss Piggy because Kermit stood her up? Hey, Sweetums with Kermit eyes on his head hand a collar would have been amazingly funny! The fact is, that seems closer to what they would have done back in Jim’s day. I’m a little surprised there wasn’t any rehearsal footage.

Or better yet, have a genuinely fake-looking Kermit imposter that Miss Piggy karate chops at the end?

Luke

Reaction score
Dont get your hopes up for any halloween special!
We wouldn't, we were told on here it was cancelled, lol.

As for Muppets in the parks .. thats a toughie - technically they are doing that with the real performers voices with the Bunsen/Beaker robotic thing. It'd be good to see more stuff like that - but at the same time people know they aren't the "real" Muppets. As long as people aren't being mislead they are watching THE Kermit. That said, it'd be nice to see more cases of the actual Muppets (with our much loved Muppeteers) doing more stuff like store appearances, conventions, chat shows where we can see them in person performing and ad-libbing.