Your Thoughts: Jerry Nelson Tribute on Muppet Central Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Saying goodbye... Muppet legend, once-in-a-lifetime voice, irreplaceable soul, dear friend... Jerry Nelson passed away one year ago today on August 23, 2012. We remember... and will never forget.

Share your favorite memories of Jerry here and listen to Jerry's music on Muppet Central Radio on Live365 and Radio Terra. We'll be playing Jerry's songs non-stop for the next several days. He loved to sing and share his music with all of us. Read and remember... "Still Counting: An Interview with Muppeteer Jerry Nelson". :sing::batty::smirk:

Love all the people in your life. Our time here is so short.

If you enjoy the Jerry Nelson music tribute on Muppet Central Radio, please like this post.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow, has it been a year already since we lost him? Sometimes it's still hard to believe that he's no longer with us, yet sadly, at the same time, we knew he was living on borrowed time.

Either way, it's nice that we can pay tribute to him in such a special way, and to have a day dedicated to him on MC Radio is very appropriate; Jim himself even said Jerry was responsible for some of the best singing the Muppets ever had. I agree.

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
I just can't even. A year? Really? Robin was personally my favorite muppet. Heck I've even wrote stories about me and Robin being cousins! Jerry is very missed by my whole family and the rest of the world.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The best thing I can say is... On Tuesday, 8/20/13 I got such a happy high from listening to MCR: Dixie Wailing, Bad News Blues, the full version of Welcome To My Nightmare followed by the same for The Devil Went Down To Georgia (the MUP3's I have are missing Kermit's intro and the hecklers' comments). Then the Jerry-thon started in earnest on Friday 8/23/13 and I got Coconut Counting Man among other favorite songs, even better to have heard Eye Of The Storm.

Thanks for putting this together so we can keep Jerry's memory alive as I'm sure he'd want it himself.
:batty: :sing: :fishy: :cluck: :crazy: :search: :smirk:
That's 7, 7 Jerry Muppet smilies!
Uncle Deadly: And yet, I've still to hear my own performances like that medley with Ms. Merman or You've Got A Friend or The Sheik Of Araby.
Patience old fiend, I'm sure they'll pop up soon-ish.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I thought it was nice that Muppet Central did a tribute to Jerry Nelson. I tried listening to The Number of the Day, but I couldn't listen to it. I loved it when you did that tribute to him!

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Phillip, this was 1, 1 wonderful choice to honor Jerry! I spent a great deal of time on Friday and Sunday (I was too busy on Saturday) listening to the MC radio! Even though it's been a year it seems like yesterday I was watching Sesame Street's 25th Birthday: A Musical Celebration (for old time's sake) the day after his passing (I think), and getting chills/misty-eyed every time Jerry's characters appeared or spoke. (Even though they didn't involve Jerry, I found myself getting those feelings during Bein' Green and I Don't Want to Live on the Moon; what can I say? It's the truth.)

RIP, Jerry! I hope you're having a great time counting everything in the sky, and entertaining everyone with the help of Jim and Richard! Speaking of which, say hi to them for me and every other Muppet fan out there!

:batty: :sing: :fishy: :cluck: :crazy: :search: :smirk: :zany:

Status
Not open for further replies.