Your Thoughts: It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by ngirl23
I'm glad we're talking about more positive things again. There were so many good bits in the movie. The other thread about this was getting too negative. New members just another indication that muppets are making a big comeback. And I think we're all glad to see you back Cory!
Awww, thanks Ngirl! Hehe, yeah positivity is something we definately need more of! I think the other thread is important to, as theres some issues people need to discuss. But yeah, its so cool to see everyone discussing this film! I think all the new members in the last day and soon to come is a definate indication the Muppets are back.

About the pacing...my logical side says yes, the pacing was pretty bad and realisticly the movie was a mess. But so what? It seems weird to say, but this film was almost in a way JHC wink and a nod strictly to fans...kind of a 'thank you' to fans versus something to generate new ones. I would agree it was a very bad decision to stop the flow of the film 5 minutes in with the 15 minute Whoopi segment. But I loved the opening, penguins galore, whatnots, humans, all coexisting in harmony.

And something I was thinking...guys, you dont think Ms. Bitterman was a metaphor for EM.TV or a yet to be announced corporation in the buyout? Almost like at the end of the movie the coporation does indeed get the theatre, but the point is the theatre is symbolic of something more. something that cant be bought or owned, and thats the way I see the Muppets. Mircosoft could buy the Muppets and to all of us they will always be Jim Henson's Muppets. But out of all the human actors, I really liked Joan Cusack...I LOVED her in Toys, as she has that quirky schtick even when shes trying to be mean.

And finally, the parody list:

moulin rouge
a christmas story
muppet movie(oddly enough, the doc hopper reference)
its a wonderful life
a beautiful mind
zoolander(the pepe scale model scene)
star wars(a yoda cameo! hehe)
the grinch who stole christmas
the crocodile hunter(boy i really disliked that segment, heh)
...hmmm, what else am I missing?

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
But out of all the human actors, I really liked Joan Cusack

YEAH ME TOO! HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO BE IN LOVE WITH A MUPPET (OR JUST BE CONVINCING WHILE PRETENDING] UNLESS YOU CAN CALL AMY THE BRICK THAT'S QUALITY ACTING! OH YEAH THERE WAS A FEAR FACTOR ONE

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
I liked that part, I just wish it was the REAL crocodile hunter!
Oh Byron, if it was *actually* Steve Iriwn, I woulda laughed my pants off...but that faux Irwin was just baaaaaaad. I mean seriously, that should have been left on the editing room floor.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
PIGGY'S

Even in a Kermitless world Ms. Piggy likes frogs...in her 'apartment' if you can call it that, she has frog pillows. is this a coincidence or just someone trying to make me think....man i don't like those people....i also like Ms. Piggy's apron Felines Navidad or something to that extent!!! hahaha

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Continuity Problem

woah i was thinking would gonzo still have been able to meet his alien siblings???? i mean he mostly did it without kermit...so if kermit wasn't there wouldn't he either be running around brainless cause of the lobotomy or be with his brothers and sisters. cause if he has nothing to live for wouldn't he go with them...man my brain is working way too hard! it's late at night and i don't know how to do anything but yet i am confusing myself....weird

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Originally posted by BoomShaKaLaKa
So what was missing?

VISIBLE ARM RODS. They were there in some scenes, but in MANY scenes where they SHOULD have been visible, they weren't. It was obvious they were still being operated that way, but the arm rods had apparently been removed in post-production. We've heard that the Creature Shop has been delving into the world of CGI, and they were credited on this show. Is it possible this was a chance for them to hone their skills on an in-house project?[/B]
I don't know if the Creature Shop did the work or not, but the digital rod removal is actually old news and has been used on other Muppet projects before and extensively on Creature Shop jobs. Sometimes they even remove entire puppeteers from a scene!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
HI GUYS! I'm back from Chicago, it was a great trip!

i haven't read all the way threw the posts but i did see the movie in chicago, i've got to see if my grandma was able to tape it because i didn't see the whole thing, i saw the beging right untill kermit was taken to a life on which he's never been born...then we ate dinner and i could have scarfed and barfed the food down my food, but i was a guest at my step uncles house so i ate with mannors, then when we were done i got to the part when gonzo was singing on the bench and kermit's watching him still in the wonderful life part, untill the end, so i missed scooter cage dancing!!!doc hopper, and everything,so i must have missed ten mins or so. did i miss the best parts?

it was great thought! FOZZIE! FOZZIE FOZZIE FOZZIE! BEST PART OF THE MOVIE! Fozzie is back, frank maybe gone but you can't take the bear out of the muppets! you smell like a burnt couch!!!LOL! the grinch! where are the buttons?!?! fozzie wasn't a dumb bear, he was a loveable old bear! and kermit and fozzie together again!
LOVED the lazers! ahh, poor fozzie, but you gave us a great laugh!

pepe (pee pee)was great! does it come with the action figures??
SCOOTER! Brian does a great job with him! the ham is jammed!
Sam was a problem and janice needs a little work.

is anyone sure jerry did Robin? he sounded a bit off unless it's jerrys age. we know he didn't do lew, how about pops? I'm not sure with statler at one time he seemed to have two voices or is that just me.

ahh rowlf atthe piano... and a lot too! they just should have giving him one clear soild line.

did you guys here a lotta rizzo in the end when kermit was laughing and happy at the end?l;-)

i was very happy with it, some of the guest stars were not what i was hoing for, and i think there is more to the endding, it sounded like fozzie was about to say something and then they cut it to credits and ads on the side.

Zack)Rowlf the, Bobo: hey guys! were singing carolls out side and it snowing and it's real pretty!Dog.

AbbessBryony

Reaction score
The parodies are okay, but the Croc Hunter one was lame. Poorly done, actually. As for the rest of the movie, it was really funny. Especially the scene where Kermit said that he wished he hadn't been born.

JamieDenny

Reaction score
Henson Co Email?

Guys Call me stoopid*y'all wouldn't be the first.*
I have been trying to email JHC to find out if they plan on releasing the new Muppet TV movie It's a Wonderful Muppet Christmas Movie in the UK.
However I can't find an email on the website.
Please help
Thx
Jamie
:smile: