Your Thoughts: Fraggle Special Edition DVD

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Erine81981

Reaction score
You did a great job Phillip. :smile: Thanks for the reviews.

SillyRed

Reaction score
Oh Boy!! Friendship song on DVD!!! How cool is that?!

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
I really like you review, but there is one thing I don't agree with! You said the "Dance your cares away" dvd will most likely come out with the next three episodes. I don't think it will. I mean thats 6 out ouf the 20 or so in the first season that is comming out later. I would say maybe they could do 5 of the 3 episode dvds, 1 dvd for each seson, like a preview or something! These are just my thoughts!
Ty

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ty, thanks for the input. I agree they could do whatever episodes they want. Originally their plan though was to release the 3-episode discs in episode order. We will just have to wait and see if they continue that for a couple releases or skip around like you say since season box sets are on the way.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Ty, thanks for the input. I agree they could do whatever episodes they want. Originally their plan though was to release the 3-episode discs in episode order. We will just have to wait and see if they continue that for a couple releases or skip around like you say since season box sets are on the way.
Phillip, now that we will have Season One for sure, do you think we will eventually have the entire series on DVD? I don't know what the thought processes are for managing a project like this, but I'm sure HIT has considered all five seasons, not just the first one. Does season one guarantee anything? I'm so glad they're doing this, but I don't want something to happen where we have the first three seasons, but not the last two.

Another thing they might do is package seasons four and five together (since each was shortened). 96 episodes is exactly four seasons worth. I wouldn’t want it this way, but HIT may see it as the only way to go...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, nothing is for sure concerning the later seasons. With all TV shows now-a-days, they release one season at a time and usually a group of people mainly looking at sales figures decide whether or not to release the next season. That's why if a season 1 box set DOES indeed happen we all need to buy one for ourselves and everyone we know. If it doesn't do as well as HIT hopes, then that will be the end of the Fraggle box sets.

And even though HIT has said they are producing a Fraggle season 1 box set, we have all seen lots of promised Muppet merchandise never reach the shelves for whatever reason. I'm not trying to be negative, I adore Fraggle Rock and want the season box sets as much as anybody, but I'm just trying to be realistic that things can always happen in the production process. That's why we need to continue to let HIT know how much we want season 1 on DVD.

Yes, I think that four 24-episode Fraggle box sets is the most likely scenario that we will see if they sell well.

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
Is Utah just slow and stupid? Didn't the DVD get released today? Nobody sayes they have it or even in the computer. I checked:
WalMart
Target
Shopko
Media Play
and Best Buy!
Nothing!
Ty :smirk:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I will most definitely get the fraggle SE dvd, as i am hooked! I want to try to make replicas of the Fraggle Five to have and to hold, b/c i cannot get a sababa dealer anywhere. i'm going to be in greenville, sc this weekend for the convention of the diocese of upper sc at palmetto expo center (i'm a delegate). I would love some input, i will check if there's a hot topic in the area, but a toy store will do, if TRU or someone like that carries Sababa toys. any help?

BJ

CoOKiE

Reaction score
wembleyfraggle said:
Is Utah just slow and stupid? Didn't the DVD get released today? Nobody sayes they have it or even in the computer. I checked:
WalMart
Target
Shopko
Media Play
and Best Buy!
Nothing!
Ty :smirk:
Ya know, i too figured Wal-Mart would have the special edition, but they didn't. So i stoped in Strawberries. The funny part was, they ordered one! And i got it :excited: but thats not what i'm trying to make a point at. Is it rare? I'm sure some stores have alot. But that also makes me wounder. When the test DVD was released, i had to wait an extra week before Wal-Mart had it. Maybe its being released the same way?

Anyhow, the extras are good. My favorit Animated episode, and it was really cool to watch the UK opening theme. Ya know, i've heard that song, but thought it was a remix. Somesites would say its not a remix, so i was confused, and now i'm not. One thing i do have agasint the extras is the fact that the Animated shows had 2 stories on each episode. This, however, was not considered a full episode. But, i'm not going to complain. I have the full episode on tape. I'm just saying, why couldn't they jam the full episode in? They have no plans to make the animated DVD Set...

:excited: lightning just struck me wit an idea.. They should make a box set for the Animated show. It would be really easy to make seeing how they had like 1 season. They could make it n git it outta the way. Not like theres a season 2 to follow up on it or something. hmmmm