Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock Season 1

getup

Reaction score
alright then...i'll post them asap :smile:

tomahawk

Reaction score
Got my DVD set today at BestBuy for just over $30 bucks including tax. All I can say so far is Wow!! I've only watched a portion of the first disc and a little of the new interviews. Great stuff. :excited:

Frogster

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me how the interviews were... I'd like to find out as much as possible, cuz I dont' think I'm gonna get it, since I"m saving up. I've seen all the episodes, and I just wanna know what all the people talked about in the new interviews. Thanks! :smirk:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I got my just yesterday and was amazed by all the neat things. I'll be watching every one of theses episodes each day. I'm lisenting to my collection of Fraggle Rock songs. I hope to get every song ever produce. I haven't looked at the CD-ROM yet. I will later. Keep it coming HIT!

Squall Leonhart

Reaction score
Have to say after watching Fraggle Rock on old beat up tapes since I was 5 this is a treat. It's so clear, I'm glad they fixed it up some. Love the box set, love the bonus features, it's increadable. I hope they get season two out soon. The only really thing that bugged me was no subtitles. But other than that, love it. Does anyone know why Wal-mart is not carring this? I had to travel over thirty miles to our local Best buy, and I'm glad I got there when I did because like the Muppet Show it was the last one they had.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I picked up a copy at Target for about $34.00. I haven't had time to watch it yet, as I just finally finished Muppet Show! But I am super excited so far and I think the special features look great. In fact, I may watch those first!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I didn't see it at Meijer the other day, either. Of course, they didn't have the new DVDs out till like mid-day, they had been short on the midnight shift.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

BlitzkriegBob

Reaction score
ive got good news and bad news.
the bad news is that i havent bought this set yet, although ive been waiting for it forever.
the good news is that i didnt get it yet because it was completely sold out at the media play and wal mart in my area!
looks like theyre selling well, which means we can look forward to subsequent seasons being released in the future.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Got it yesterday at Wal-Wart for 36$ and some odd random number of cents.

It.

Is.

Amazing!!

I absolutely LOVE it. The whole replica notebook? Yeah, I didn't know it was going to be an actual notebook, I thought it was some kind of bonus feature on the bonus disk. Imagine my surprise! I thought that on it's own was amazing. So far I have watched just the bonus features, and the opening theme of the first episode. Since I have the first 3 single-disk releases, I've seen the first 3 episodes, plus Catch a Tail by the Tiger.

First thing I watched was the documentary, Down at Fraggle Rock. It was so cool! Mainly because it was in the 80's, and you can see everyone actually working on their puppets. That made me SO happy. As I LOVE all things muppets, I know pretty much squat about puppeteering and the whole process involved. So I found it absolutely fascinating. And also, I had never seen a picture of Richard Hunt before. So I got to see him actually talk to the camera and talk in his normal voice and Junior Gorg's voice. That was particularily cool and made me smile. :smile:

I then watched all of the new interviews. All in a row, just now, actually. What can I say, I am SO impressed! I liked hearing from the writers, producers, etc. to see what making the show was actually like, the creative process involved, etc. So fascinating. And then being able to see new interviews with the puppeteers (Who all look and sound really good, by the way!) was just amazing. It's so interesting to be able to see the puppeteers behind my favourite characters, and learn how their character came about, how it's a part of them. It was just amazing.

And I haven't even watched one of the episodes yet! I've only seen 5 episodes (that I can remember) on this set, so I can't wait to start watching them!

Oh, and neat box. It confused me at first, though. But it's fun. And I like how the menus are basic, but themed for each disk, so that was really cool.

So, a million stars out of five. :smirk: :excited: We need more fraggle smilies!

getup

Reaction score
i still haven't gotten it yet :-( it actually came today, but my dad didn't get the mail in time. so, it is definitely here, just can't get it til tomorrow. i pre-ordered it from best buy 2 months ago. lol...and i get it later than everyone else. but it's good to hear that it's selling so well...i knew it would! i can't wait to watch the interviews and see the notepad. i've of course seen all the episodes, but some of my favorites are in this season...not the real early ones, but the second half of the season i thought was awesome. and i'll get those screen caps up tonight. just haven't had time :-P