Your Thoughts: Christmas Music

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As announced earlier today, we are now playing are a wide selection of over 175 Muppet Christmas tunes on Muppet Central Radio.

Let us know what you think of the special Christmas songs here!

Katzi428

Reaction score
WOW! Talk about a flashback! I heard "12 Days Of Christmas" by the Sesame Street Muppets.:big_grin: That "Merry Christmas from Sesame Street" album was made in 1974 (I think)
Thanks for the memory Phil.
Kathy (still wondering why in that song Prairie wanted "3 footballs")

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad it brought back some good memories for you. Yeah, the original Sesame Christmas album came out in 1975. They redid versions of some of the songs in 1996 by replacing older characters with newer ones, but all the versions on MC Radio are the originals from the 1975 album.

Keep listening, more holidays favorites are in store.

BEAR

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Glad it brought back some good memories for you. Yeah, the original Sesame Christmas album came out in 1975. They redid versions of some of the songs in 1996 by replacing older characters with newer ones, but all the versions on MC Radio are the originals from the 1975 album.

Keep listening, more holidays favorites are in store.

What were some of the songs/characters that were replaced? Could you give some examples?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I think these are the ones that replaced them older characters.

Elmo, Zoe, Hoots and Wolfgang. I think thats it. I have the the some of the songs redone but also have all the old versions too. And I'm glad I do.

BEAR

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
I think these are the ones that replaced them older characters.

Elmo, Zoe, Hoots and Wolfgang. I think thats it. I have the the some of the songs redone but also have all the old versions too. And I'm glad I do.
You do? Would you mind lending me a copy of it? The newer one that is? I would love to hear it. So in the newer "12 Days..." it has Hoots, Zoe, and Wolfgang? Which parts do they sing? Elmo was also in the old one though. He sang 2 baby frogs.

By the way, Kathy, I was just listening to the original version I have and if it makes you feel any better Prairie doesn't even sound too excited about those 3 footballs anyway. Its actually kind of funny.

Erine81981

Reaction score
No Thats the same one that were talking about. Elmo is in the one I have of 12 days. Thats not the old one. The old one has another character saying "2 baby frogs. What kind of jive present is that?" And thats that. Here I'll send you the old version of 12 days of Christmas and you'll see what I mean. Email please.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I just heard "One More Sleep 'Til Christmas/It Feels Like Christmas" but sung by Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Rizzo, Gonzo, Bunsan and Beaker. Does anyone have this on wav form? If so I would love it and where did this version come from?

Katzi428

Reaction score
BEAR said:
By the way, Kathy, I was just listening to the original version I have and if it makes you feel any better Prairie doesn't even sound too excited about those 3 footballs anyway. Its actually kind of funny.
LOL...yeah!Poor Prairie.
Prairie:I'd much rather have something more girl like thanks!
Anyway Phil....thanks for the recordings that have Will Lee (Mr.Hooper) & Northern Calloway (David) It brings back good memories of them!:smile: