Your Thoughts: Christmas in Rockefeller Center

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wednesday night on NBC, don't miss Kermit and Miss Piggy as they help ring in the Christmas season in Rockefeller Center with a star-studded cast of celebrities.

After you watch the appearance, post here and let us know what you think.

From NBC.com:

Wednesday, December 3 8/7c
NBC heralds the arrival of the holidays with a dazzling display of musical talent and the lighting of the world's most famous Christmas tree during the 11th annual "Christmas in Rockefeller Center" telecast. Hosted by Al Roker ("Today"), the star-studded 76th annual tree lighting extravaganza will feature superstars such as Jamie Foxx, Stephen Colbert, Miley Cyrus, Beyoncé, Tony Bennett, Neil Boyd, Jonas Brothers, Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy, Harry Connick Jr., David Cook, Rosie O'Donnell and The Broadway Kids, Faith Hill, Rascal Flatts, and Solange Knowles performing current hits and holiday classics from Rockefeller Center in New York City. Prior to the network special, WNBC NBC's New York flagship station, will broadcast an additional live hour of the special (7-8 p.m. ET).

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Personally, I thought the whole production was a disappointment overall. Miss Piggy and Kermit were cute, I liked Faith Hill's number and the Rockettes were okay, nothing really blew me away.

I wish there was more Muppet screentime.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Personally, I thought the whole production was a disappointment overall. Miss Piggy and Kermit were cute, I liked Faith Hill's number and the Rockettes were okay, nothing really blew me away.

I wish there was more Muppet screentime.
Agreed. A good appearance by Kermit and Piggy, but other than that it was a very bland little special. I think Kermit and Piggy should've hosted... or at least had a musical number. :wink:

SSLFan

Reaction score
I liked the special. It could've been better, but it was still okay. Kermit and Piggy could have been used a bit more, but hey, it was a nice little appearance. And FOR ONCE, I enjoyed Miley Cyrus's performance, and the Jonas Bros. weren't quite bad thereselves. I also enjoyed Tony Bennett and Beyonce's performance.

:smile::smile:
Two Kermits!

Frogster

Reaction score
So was the Kermit/Piggy spot filled with amazing banter about how Piggy says they're married, but Kermit says they're not? Any pig jokes? What about those swamp/pad/flipper/ jokes that just never seem to get old? Did they plug their upcoming, emmy-nominated special that airs the 17th? Any jokes about how Kermit and Christmas trees are green, or how Piggy's expecting Kermit to get her something fancy this holiday season?

If yes is the answer to any of these questions, I've made my point.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
So was the Kermit/Piggy spot filled with amazing banter about how Piggy says they're married, but Kermit says they're not? Any pig jokes? What about those swamp/pad/flipper/ jokes that just never seem to get old? Did they plug their upcoming, emmy-nominated special that airs the 17th? Any jokes about how Kermit and Christmas trees are green, or how Piggy's expecting Kermit to get her something fancy this holiday season?

If yes is the answer to any of these questions, I've made my point.
Hey, guess what, NO!

Nothing was said about them being married. There were no pig jokes. No frog jokes. No green jokes. How the HECK can the special be nominated for an Emmy if it hasn't aired yet? They DIDN'T plug it, they MENTIONED it! There were no green jokes, and no gift jokes. They talked about how Kermit was jealous of Piggy's drooling over Harry Conick, Jr.

I suggest you actually give the new material a chance before you beat it to a pulp, Frogster. Not everything is bad--and at this stage in the Muppet world, nothing is. Watch it and you'll figure that out for yourself. :grouchy:

EDIT: Here, so you can watch for yourself, Frogster:
http://www.nbc.com/Movies_Specials_...eo/clips/muppets-christmas-north-pole/861542/
http://www.nbc.com/Movies_Specials_More/Happy_Holidays/video/clips/muppets-exclusive-behind-the-scenes/861522/

j13empress

Reaction score
I wasn't able to watch or record the christmas special and am wondering if anybody knows a site or something that I could watch it from. Thanx

DannyRWW

Reaction score
It was a cute appearance. I wish they could have been on longer but they were there none the less. I thought it was typical Piggy and Kermit banter (in a good way).

ngreen522

Reaction score
Well, I went to this, but didn't see Kermit or Piggy. Unless you were VIP, you made it NOWHERE near the stage. We saw all performances on the Big Screen. They were so close, ... and yet, sooo far. I was really close to Al Roker and Jan Krakowisky. I kept yelling out, "Introduce me to Kermit!" And I would hold up my awsome Kermit canvas bag. But alas, they just ignored me. I still had a good time though. And yes, ... I WAS FREEZING! Stood out there from 3pm until 9pm. But made friends with the crowd, so it was cool.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even a Muppet appearance wouldn't tear me away from one of the last episodes of Pushing Daisies (I'm not going to be able to live that one down this season... can't wait to see the obvious flop they'll replace that with).