Your Thoughts: Big Bird on Deal or No Deal

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tonight Big Bird is making a special prime time appearance on NBC's "Deal or No Deal." This will be a special two-hour Christmas episode of the popular game show.

If you are setting a DVR or VCR you'll want to record later than than the two-hour time-slot as the show might not get started until later due to the NFL game with the Cowboys and Eagles.

Why is Big Bird on "Deal or No Deal" you ask, watch tonight and find out. Then post your thoughts here after you see the appearance.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
It's kinda sad. This is the first recent TV appearance I've remembered to record, and I really wanted to see Kermit. :sympathy:

Oh, well. I'm sure the Bird will be great!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I just set up my DVR!

Never even heard of this show, but who cares? As long as I get to see me some Bird on Christmas!!!

:smile:
Anthony

Teenager's

Reaction score
I don't understand this show....currently I'm watching it (no BB yet) and what is the goal?...are they going for the lowest amount to get more money? and whats with the shadowy spooky guy in the booth?

So far I've watched the whole show on mute.......

Teenager's

Reaction score
Oh....I hope they have more later on....

....well....thats nice that the guy got over his fear of BB....I liked how BB snuck up on him...and then the guy ran up and hugged him....the guys kids were cut. That one smaller kid was like "what?!?"

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Basically, each box contains a certain amount of money. No one knows how much money is in each box (ranging from a penny to a million dollars). The banker keeps offering the contestant money for the box the contestant "owns", hoping it contains a million dollars (or a large sum of money). The goal is to get rid of the boxes with the lowest amount of money in them, if you can, driving the banker's offer up.

I just saw Big Bird on it! I think it's Caroll Spinney playing the Bird! Cooooool!

... that's it, though? Kind of a short appearance.

jediX

Reaction score
It was just to psych out the guy that was afraid of him, not much more. Still pretty funny to see him just walk onto a game show, though.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep... That's what I was waiting to see, saw it with a friend of mine who was here for a bit of Christmas cheer.

It was definitely Caroll Spinney performing Big Bird.
The great thing: BB referenced the Season 3 premiere from the Old School Volume 1 set.
Big Bird said that the guy reminded him of his best friend, Snuffy and how Big B was afraid of Snuffy when they first met.
The funny thing: Big B, trying to bolster the guy's hopes delivered the same mantra he was quoting from earlier in the game, "If you believe, you will achieve".

A good appearance... Though I'm not watching that show again, lest there be another Muppet appearance. Just wasn't ribbetting for me.
Oh well, sure hope others got to see the bird's walk-on bit on tonight's episode.

MWoO

Reaction score
I totally forgt about it. didn't even realize until just now.

The game is process of elmination, The fewer cases there are, the morel ikely your case has a larger amount. If you open al arge amount, you then know you don't have it. So if you open all the cases and none of them have 1 million, yours has the million.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
A fan of Howie Mandel's work... but not a fan of that show. I didn't catch on till last night, and almost everyone i know, watches it.

Like everyone said... you want to have the box with the million. in order to find out if u have it, you have to guess which ones have the lower amount, to show the banker, theres a high chance u have of having a good amount. So, he'll offer you more n more money... but say u'v knocked out all the high numbers but 1, then he'll lower his offer.

Through out the game you can take his offer (Deal) or choose to stick with the game (No Deal) and find out if u have that million.

I like 1 VS 100 ALOT more... its easier to understand and ridicules to see how many people in the mob get so many EASY questions wrong.

I loved his appearence, and was affride that he'd be mean to Big. He had that PO'd face when he ran off stage.

Very intresting appearence... i was watch'n it n thought he'd be on, but wasnt sure. THen they mentioned the guy being afraid n i was more certain why he'd be on, since the last contestent was sung to.