Your Thoughts: Authentic Kermit Replica

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Kermieuk said:
...even the two pics by Kermiebaby47 look different, the 'sparkly' flash in the top pic, its hard to look beyond that and see the Kermit.

The bottom pic, he looks great, that cute fluffy warm feeling, similar to the one you get when you see an unseen pic from the early 80's era!!
Hey Chris! Yeah, the flash really makes those little fibers stand out as looking sparkly. I wanna say that he isn't sparkly when you're looking at him in person, but some of the fibers do have a slight shine to them (and the real Kermit is like that too right? You met him, you should know! :smile: ).

I'm glad your opinion has changed!

Kermieuk said:
Up until now, ...so many images released from Henson or Disney have Kermit with his mouth wide open, to see that he actually has a bottom jaw and a neck is not the norm!!

With reference to the box, it appears the design has changed?
That is a GREAT POINT about the images we're used to Chris. I hope others will take that into consideration. And yeah, no window box, but it absolutely does NOT take away from the presentation AT ALL, everything that tomahawk said.
Kermieuk said:
On another note, someone commented that there Kermit was number 178 of 2500. This is strange as Amy announced on Friday, that the first shipment was of 100 Kermits, so how has Kermit 178 been released!!
Yup, that was me. I figure that they're probably done with a lot more than 100, but that they just shipped the first 100 pre-orders. So maybe just not the first 100 Kermits that were out of production.

Does anything I said make any sense at all? :confused:

Again, fantastic job Master Replicas!!! Thanks to Kevin, Travis, and Amy for hanging with us here at MC. You guys are the best. :flirt:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I agree about the images we are used to seeing of the posers. Notice that most of them have a camera angle that looks down on him, plus his mouth wide open, ergo, no visible neck.

I've got the highest number reported so far... 251. And mine came a day later than all the others in Southern California. I don't know what that means and I don't know if there's any way for them to know which number is which without opening the box. The only place I've seen the number is on the plaque.

By the way, I thought it was funny that it actually said Item: Kermit the Frog on the outside of the cardboard shipping box, just like it might say Item: 12 Doz. Shirts. I wonder what the DHL delivery guys thought reading that.

:stick_out_tongue:

P.S. I'm displaying mine in the box for now because I'm moving soon. After that, I'll take him out and pose him.

Convincing John

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
Hey C.J., here's a pic that Nitro posted over on CMX. The sides and back of the box have more of the brown theme with technical illustrations of Kermit in different poses and stuff. Check it out! :smile:
Thank you! I was wondering what the box looked like. I heard where it's sturdy and will protect Kermit in case you need to move him someplace else. Good to hear.

I haven't received my Kermit as of yet...:smirk: but I pre-ordered mine right from MR, so he should be on his way.

I for one, am very excited about the Kermit replica. After seeing the pics, it's just amazing. They've followed the original Muppet patterns and even used the "Henson stitch"...and even the fleece they used is supposed to be the same! (or really, really close). As for issues about the eyes, I don't think that the secret method behind Don Sahlin's "Magic Triangle" would be released even for a product this good. Photos would have to be MR's main reference.

I have actually seen an original Kermit (one that Jim used) on exhibit. It was the one that was on loan from the Smithsonian (the 1970's one). Even there, it looked just a smidge "off". This was a Kermit that JIM USED. Obviously, the only way to have his head "completely perfect" is with Jim's hand inside.

We gotta remember that Kermit was (and is) a flexible puppet that has gone through many changes and makes so many facial expressions (thanks to Jim and Steve). That's why when posers of Kermit come out, there's (Kermit quote from MTM) "something missing..." When Muppet fans see photos of posers, we see "flat head Kermit" and go "Wait a minute! Kermit doesn't look right!" It made me think of this Tough Pigs article.

Luckily, the folks at MR knew that Kermit's head had to have "squooshability" so he can be posed in those memorable facial expressions. This is why the Eden Kermit puppet from 1993 is such a good product. They had Jim in mind, too. I was happy that MR has paid attention to the flexibility of the face so that each fan can pose him how he likes.

These guys have worked and worked to get Kermit just right, and where Kermit has evolved so much over the years, it's tough to get the "Kermitness" of Kermit without Jim's hand inside. The only way to really satisfy everybody 100% is to create another Kermit replica, this time as a puppet...being held aloft by a life-size Jim Henson replica.

I'm satisfied with getting a Kermit replica of this high quality! (Although a life size Jim would be pretty cool, too...) :wink:

Convincing John

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Eclectic Mayhem said:
Does anyone know if the actual Kermit puppet uses felt for the collar and base of the feet?

I expected something a bit more durable and was surprised to see felt used on the poser replica. Overall, though, I'm overjoyed with the product.
Everything is authentic. I was very pleased to see the way KermieBaby got the collar to stand out so it wasn't plastered down to his chest. It made him look even that much better.

:stick_out_tongue:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
By the way, I thought it was funny that it actually said Item: Kermit the Frog on the outside of the cardboard shipping box, just like it might say Item: 12 Doz. Shirts. I wonder what the DHL delivery guys thought reading that.
LOL!! That's exactly what my wife and I were talking about yesterday!

And yeah, good "point" about his collar. It is just felt, but it's durable enough to hold whatever position you put it in. Well, until somebody decides they wanna feel him or pick him up, :smirk: .

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
Here are a few pics I took after playing with my MR Kermit.
He looks pretty good with a little TLC.
I played around with the face by scrunching the foam up and making the mouth more curved in the back to get him to smile a bit more until I got a more Kermit like face that I liked.

Mine is # 480... It is quite obvious that they just had a bunch of loose packets in a bin with the # plauqes inside and just threw them into the first batch of 100 shipped.

This guy is just too cool!!
Thanks MR!

Lynn

lithiumbrain

Reaction score
I bought mine as a Master Replicas Society Member before they went on sale to the general puplic. I thought mine was going to be in one of the first shipments since I bought him the morning they did the Member presale. But, I guess the advanced sale went very well because I talked to them today and they said that the first 300 went out (mine was not on that boat) and it would be at least another month before the next batch. They are going to be shipping to the Society Members who bought theirs early before the general public or vendors. She said the next batch would be bigger than the first. So thats good... But...I think it's gonna be a while.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
lithiumbrain said:
I bought mine as a Master Replicas Society Member before they went on sale to the general puplic. I thought mine was going to be in one of the first shipments since I bought him the morning they did the Member presale. But, I guess the advanced sale went very well because I talked to them today and they said that the first 300 went out (mine was not on that boat) and it would be at least another month before the next batch. They are going to be shipping to the Society Members who bought theirs early before the general public or vendors. She said the next batch would be bigger than the first. So thats good... But...I think it's gonna be a while.
so do we know whos getting this 2nd batch of kermit posers yet?! :zany:

lithiumbrain

Reaction score
I would hope it is on a first come first served basis. Because that wouldn't be fair to people that bought them early as Society Members. I guess we will have to wait and see. When is the next shipment of Wonka bars coming in so I can find a Golden Ticket!:wink:

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
A little more tweeking by trying to turn his eyes inward, mess with the face some more, and he is now in my movie prop museum.

Now I just gotta get a Muppets poster to go with him.
I may just display him right on the box, the box is pretty darn cool!!

Lynn