Your Thoughts: Authentic Kermit Replica

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
I got my Kermit today, too. I think he is beautiful. Master Replicas did a bang-up wonderful job.

For those of you complaining, I don't want to start a flame war, but I'm really annoyed. This is a top notch product. If you think you can do better, build your own. If you hate it so much that you have to physically uproot the eyes and move them, send it back unopened and get your money back and build your own. This is definitely more than a $200 doll. It is a replica, made from the original patterns. As many have noted, Kermit himself changed a lot over the years. Some of the real posers have been good, some have been horrible. This is as good as a mass-produced (in a small quantity) product can possibly be and certainly looks light-years better than some of the real posers.

I guess it just comes down to the fact that some people can never be happy.

I for one, am very happy.

:stick_out_tongue:
I apologize if I offended anyone, I suppose I should give them more credit, perhaps he looks better "in person" then the pictures.

tomahawk

Reaction score
Thanks Was Once Ernie. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Frogster

Reaction score
I think the collar kind of looks odd. It's just draped over his neck, whereas just about every Kermit since the late 70's has had a very defined-pointed collar. And the face is somewhat robotic-looking, like what they used for Kermit's full view in the "Couldn't We Ride?" number from TGMC. Also, his arms are a little too long. But I'm sure once you break him in he'd look absolutely great. I'm with Vic on the whole $200 doll, but I do know I couldn't build my own. But isn't that why they hired Master Replicas and not me? It's not a terrible-looking Kermit, it's probably still worth buying I'm sure.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Well this product is certainly causing some mixed thoughts.

I have held off from posting my thoughts, until now that is. Firstly I am still waiting on my Kermit to be delivered. I was thrilled to see pics posted of him on the net while I await mine. However I did feel a bit disheartened when I seen them. He just didnt look right, until now that is, the pics that Kermiebaby47 has posted are fantastic, I totally believe others that say its all about the posing. Even the two pics by Kermiebaby47 look different, the 'sparkly' flash in the top pic, its hard to look beyond that and see the Kermit.

http://forum.creatusmaximus.com/showpost.php?p=72338&postcount=18

The bottom pic, he looks great, that cute fluffy warm feeling, similar to the one you get when you see an unseen pic from the early 80's era!!

I also think that its hard to look at these products as they are a 3D object. Up until now, unless you were really lucky to meet a Real Kermit Poser, they have always been seen in a 2D format, ie on screen, paper or products, so many images released from Henson or Disney have Kermit with his mouth wide open, to see that he actually has a bottom jaw and a neck is not the norm!!

With reference to the box, it appears the design has changed?
It was originally posted that the lid would have a clear plastic window so you could actually see Kermit inside, but now the artwork Image of Kermit is on the lid??

On another note, someone comented that there Kermit was number 178 of 2500. This is strange as Amy announced on Friday, that the first shipment was of 100 Kermits, so how has Kermit 178 been released!! What other numbers do people have guys??

I have been so excited about this product since it was first announced last Oct, I cant believe it is finally here. I cant wait to get mine!!

Chris

tomahawk

Reaction score
Kermieuk said:
Hi Guys,

Well this product is certainly causing some mixed thoughts.

I have held off from posting my thoughts, until now that is. Firstly I am still waiting on my Kermit to be delivered. I was thrilled to see pics posted of him on the net while I await mine. However I did feel a bit disheartened when I seen them. He just didnt look right, until now that is, the pics that Kermiebaby47 has posted are fantastic, I totally believe others that say its all about the posing. Even the two piocs by Kermiebaby47 look different, the 'sparkly' flash in the top pic, its hard to look beyond that and see the Kermit.

http://forum.creatusmaximus.com/show...8&postcount=18

The bottom pic, he looks great, that cute fluffy warm feeling, similar to the one you get when you see an unseen pic from the early 80's era!!

I also think that its hard to look at these products as they are a 3D object. Up until now, unless you were really lucky to meet a Real Kermit Poser, they have always been seen in a 2D format, ie on screen, paper or products, so many images released from Henson or Disney have Kermit with his mouth wide open, to see that he actually has a bottom jaw and a neck is not the norm!!

With reference to the box, it appears the design has changed?
It was originally posted that the lid would have a clear plastic window so you could actually see Kermit inside, but now the artwork Image of Kermit is on the lid??

On another note, someone comented that there Kermit was number 178 of 2500. This is strange as Amy announced on Friday, that the first shipment was of 100 Kermits, so how has Kermit 178 been released!! What other numbers do people have guys??

I have been so excited about this product since it was first announced last Oct, I cant believe it is finally here. I cant wait to get mine!!

Chris

Just to answer some questions. Yes, I believe people are getting mixed feelings over the way Kermit is being posed, photographed etc. I would suggest that people may want to wait until they have him in their own hands and manipulate him how they would like. Personally, I think mine looks good right now. A little stiff, but I think that is a good thing. It will take some time to break Kermit in. Kermit is not perfect, but darn it it's as close to the real thing as I have seen. I can't stop going into my room and looking at him. Always gives me a big smile.

About the box, I think it is wonderfully done. Nice and sturdy in case you have to move. Kermit will always be protected. It does not have a window in the front, but when you open it Kermit is shown and if you would like, could be displayed that way. Although, as others have said, it does resemble a coffin.

As far as the Kermit numbers go, I have 151.

In conclusion, all I know is that I have a great Kermit collectible. It makes me smile. I know Master Replicas and everyone else behind these have put a lot of heart and soul into these characters. It shows.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the actual Kermit puppet uses felt for the collar and base of the feet?

I expected something a bit more durable and was surprised to see felt used on the poser replica. Overall, though, I'm overjoyed with the product.

Garland

Reaction score
I would not get too worried yet, a Mickey Muppet!
They seem to be shipping in waves...

I ordered direct from MR and my account says it's shipping but I have not received it either.

It will be soon.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Garland said:
I would not get too worried yet, a Mickey Muppet!
They seem to be shipping in waves...

I ordered direct from MR and my account says it's shipping but I have not received it either.

It will be soon.

Garland what do u mean in "waves"? :confused: :smirk: