Your Thoughts: Authentic Kermit Replica

Garland

Reaction score
Thanks Phil!

That review was a real treat this morning!

Long Live Muppet Central!!!

zns

Reaction score
Once again, another great review Phil. Seeing those pictures makes me more ecstatic for my shipment to come in.:smile: :smile: :smile:

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
lithiumbrain said:
That was a nice review. It answered a lot of questions I had. I was curious...Why is the replica smaller than the real puppet? Were the real Henson "posers" smaller as well?
Apperently so. The artical says the Posers were smaller then the working puppets.

Lynn

rickly

Reaction score
I was very curious to see so few posts on the Kermit posers. I got mine last week - am I the only other person who actually has his in his possession?

They are, for the price, quite good. The armature is excellent - better than the real Henson posers, in fact. The fleece is a very close match to the original, but it is softer and fluffier. I suspect that with use, it will pill fairly quickly. The color is perfect, though. Yes, it IS smaller than the real puppet, but not too much. The head seems a bit under-stuffed, but this may also be due to the fact that the real Kermit fleece is more robust, and probably holds its shape a bit better. The collar is odd - the points are cut a but thin, with a curve to them - the real deal has straight lines, making the points wider. The curved lines of the black flocked "pupils" seem a bit long - in fact, the pupils are a bit over-scale for the whites in general. And the eyes are a bit too close together - a common Kermit reproduction failing, even with the licensed toys. It makes him look a bit wall-eyed. Without a doubt, the most outstanding feature of this item is the stitching. The seams are nearly non-existant - I can't imagine how they did this with machine stitching! And the details of the hands, feet, and mouth edge - which appears hand glued (!) - are terrific. I defy anyone to make anything this close to the real deal for this price. A worthwhile investment for true Muppet fans.

PS - The Gonzo prototype does, indeed, look AMAZING, but I can't imagine that the exposed foam I see on it won't yellow and degrade incredibly quickly. It's one of the reasons Muppets have to be re-made so often - foam does not last long, especially when it's not covered and exposed to natural light. I see this as a major design problem.

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
rickly said:
I was very curious to see so few posts on the Kermit posers. I got mine last week - am I the only other person who actually has his in his possession?
And the eyes are a bit too close together - a common Kermit reproduction failing, even with the licensed toys. It makes him look a bit wall-eyed.
A few on the Replica Prop Forum have him and have posted here in the Authentic Muppet thread.

Are the eyes glued solidly all around or are they just anchord in the middle with some room to move them underneith if cut loose?

If they can be moved without glue spots showing, I will.

Lynn

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
Does any one here got pics of some real Kermit posers to compare this to???
I did a Google search, but I can't tell posers from some replicas.
I would like to know what kind of changes can be made if I wanted to.

Lynn

MWoO

Reaction score
It's nice, but the pupils really throw off the look. It seems that the poser body and head is realy nice and probably perfect to some version of Kermit, but I think people need lessons in posing him. I see squisjhed heads and necks and stuff that should be fixed.

Robin

Reaction score
People who understand, Lighting and Natural positioning, will get the best results.... One other thing I noticed is in some of those pic's... Kermits Eyes need to be focused forward more so it actually looks like he's looking forward and not to the sides... that will also make a huge difference... Just slight adjustments you can make when you pull him out of his box...

Muppetto

Reaction score
I hadn't heard about this puppet until I read Phillip's recent article.

I decided to purchase one since there were only going to be 2,500 produced.

Unfortunately, I didn't see the Muppet Central kick-back link until after I had already placed my order.

Sorry, Phillip.

:smile:

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
Robin said:
Kermits Eyes need to be focused forward more so it actually looks like he's looking forward and not to the sides... that will also make a huge difference.
Yeah, but thats only if they can be moved without cutting them off and actually moving them.

But, these eyes are already forward, if they go anymore the other way they will look goofy.

They can't go anymore inward, and if they go outward they start looking out to the side.

Does anyone know if Kermits eyes are glued fully on right to the edges or just in the middle of the eye so they can be cut off and repositioned with a little movment room?

Lynn