Your Thoughts: Authentic Animal Replica

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
LIAR I just did my Animals brow rim and it took almost 30 seconds! My language at that point turned the air blue - shame on you Frogboy4, shame on you:stick_out_tongue:
I'm not committing to over 26 seconds and that it! Remember that it’s best to hold the marker with your fingers, not your toes! :big_grin:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I'm not committing to over 26 seconds and that it! Remember that it’s best to hold the marker with your fingers, not your toes! :big_grin:
HA! Didn't use either, I'll leave the rest to your imagination:stick_out_tongue: I really enjoyed your review. It was really well written, honest and fair. BTW what did you do at Palisades? I really would be interested to know.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
HA! Didn't use either, I'll leave the rest to your imagination:stick_out_tongue: I really enjoyed your review. It was really well written, honest and fair. BTW what did you do at Palisades? I really would be interested to know.
Thanks.

In cases like Uncle Deadly, I drew head-to-toe turnarounds of the character to be translated into the actionfigure. In cases like Gonzo I made photo quality turnaround alterations of the prototype in Phototshop and marked each change. I also did a little graphic design on Johnny's records and framed pictures as well as the Photoshop fabrication of Action Kermit for the box art. That's actually Kermit's head shot from Jim Henson: The Works book redressed with the action figure's heavily filtered hat and clothes. Here's a direct link to the article at Creatus Maximus about some unreleased Pepe work that I provided. And there's also a photograph of some of the first-round revisions.

It was a lot of fun. I just kept bugging them about things and they professionally commissioned some work. If you ever wondered why the Tux Fozzie didn't look like the one on the box it's because that one only exists digitally, painted from my computer. The factory never got that right and it's haunted me ever since. If I ever unlock the files from my old hard drive this year I'll share a few images. He taught me that there's sometimes little you can do with factory problems except change factories when the contract expires. I am amazed a factory can replicate these photo puppets with such consistency!

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
I think I'll wait till Gonzo, or my hope that will probably never happen, Scooter.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Newby to the MR's

I'm a new to this product line although I have all the Palisades stuff. Do you think Animal will be the most desired and go up the most in value because of his small production run and hefty price?

I'm scared not to get Kermit first because it looks like he's running out and nervous not to get Animal first because of the production run. What to do?

:smile::halo:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm a new to this product line although I have all the Palisades stuff. Do you think Animal will be the most desired and go up the most in value because of his small production run and hefty price?

I'm scared not to get Kermit first because it looks like he's running out and nervous not to get Animal first because of the production run. What to do?

:smile::halo:
I'd get a Kermit first. I have a feeling Animal will be hanging around longer, but I could be wrong about that. Sure, you will probably be able to find both on Amazon and Ebay for some time to come, but since Kermit is technically "sold out" from the MR site, his price is likely to increase to that of Animal's current asking price. I also feel Animal might get marked down by vendors in the future. Just this one collector's perspective since you asked. They both are amazing, but Kermit is the coolest so far. I've got both. That's my Animal poser on Muppet Central's home page, but it took some fussing to get him that way. Ultimately (even if Gonzo has this reported sock-nose) I think these are all very much worth the investment for a Muppet fan. :concern:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Hi folks, this is a GENUINE appeal. My cats have attacked Animal (I assume they just see him as a big red bird) and there are now some noticable bald spots. Can anyone tell me where I can get some replacement feathers from? I love him 2 bits and need to restore him to his former glory. Shaving the rest of his head is not an option!

Ignohippo

Reaction score
****, that's my worst nightmare! If they just pulled them out, you should be able to pop 'em back in. I was at an art store yesterday and saw some thin feathers that would work but they'd need to be dyed.

Perhaps MR could still get some from the factory? I highly doubt it, but you never know.

One of the guys here is a phenomenal puppet builder (I believe it's Keeermit) and his Animal has what looks to be the same feathers as the MR version. I would send him a PM. I'll try to find his email.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
****, that's my worst nightmare! If they just pulled them out, you should be able to pop 'em back in. I was at an art store yesterday and saw some thin feathers that would work but they'd need to be dyed.

Perhaps MR could still get some from the factory? I highly doubt it, but you never know.

One of the guys here is a phenomenal puppet builder (I believe it's Keeermit) and his Animal has what looks to be the same feathers as the MR version. I would send him a PM. I'll try to find his email.
Thanks Ignohippo, some were pull out in clumps others were snapped off (the little b******s have also gotten through 4 pairs of ipod earphones in the last 6 months alone!

I have seen some of Keeermits stuff and have to say he's one heck of a craftsman and his fabrications are second to none. I think I will pm him, I'm pretty desperate!

Thanks again!