Your Thoughts: 2007 MDA Telethon with the Muppets

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As was announced earlier, the Muppets and Bear will be appearing once again this year on the Jerry Lewis MDA annual telethon to raise money and awareness for Muscular Dystrophy. This telethon begins in about an hour in many markets across the country and will continue until late Monday afternoon. Check your local listings for times and channel. WGN will be airing the telethon nationally.

As is usually the case the exact times of the Muppet and Bear appearances haven’t been announced, but in the past Johnny and Sal have appeared in the early morning hours between 5-7 am eastern and Kermit around 11 am-1 pm eastern. Bear typically is on around 10-12 am eastern. Obviously these are just general guidelines as this year could be totally different, especially if the Muppets are guest hosting for an extended period of time. Your best bet is to set your DVR or VCR to record as much as possible in hopes of catching the Muppets.

After you see one of their appearances or if a teaser of the Muppets appears on the show post here in this thread so that everyone can have a heads up who is browsing the boards.

Luke

Reaction score
After about 8 years of Phil posting about it this is the first year i am actually watching it, i have managed to get a live feed from the USA. Trouble is its 4am and they haven't been on yet, need to sleep, lol. I hope someone puts it on Youtube! Its a good show though, over here they only ever do telethons for a few hours, don't think they could manage 20+. Nice to see the Muppets supporting this, and Ed Mcmahon still around, just!

Johnny & Sal's pic did flash up at the start!

ploobis

Reaction score
I'm watching the Telethon right now. I'm not sure what Muppet Characters we will be seeing on the Telethon this year. I don't know if it will be Johnny & Sal again or maybe Kermit and some other Muppets. Whoever it will be it's still gonna be cool! :smile:

anytimepally

Reaction score
I just hope it's not the same clip of Johnny & Sal co-hosting with Tom Bergeron, then singing "Bohemian Rhapsody" that they reused last year

ploobis

Reaction score
"ATTENTION!"

A few minutes ago I saw Pepe & Rizzo with Jerry Lewis on the Telethon! It was funny, Pepe & Rizzo tried to imitate Jerry Lewis! They also said that they will be back and help host the telethon all night! :smile:

Just giving you all a heads up! :rolleyes:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Pepe...and...Rizzo....YES!

I hope people can get clips onto YouTube! (Thanks for the live-feed link, btw, Luke, but I kanne get it to work.)

ploobis

Reaction score
This is awesome!

Pepe took a long time to introduce the next act because of his accent! :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!