Your signature-explain yourselves!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I've really missed MC...you guys make me all squooshy inside :big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
No, um, how do I explain this? That was the bad apple you ate for tea yesterday...um...yeah....

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
ah I win....I didn't eat an apple......although I did see a gorilla eat one at the zoo :big_grin:

I love the zoo!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I belong in a zoo.

I mean... um... <disappears>

vim: how does she do that?

Vibs

Reaction score
Viq: Wouldn't it be awesome if we lived in a zoo with people looking at us all the time???

Vibs: No.

Vibs

Reaction score
Um... By the way! People DO get that I am NOT a cannibal but A danish (Pastry) that eats Danes right? Because if you didn't see the A, then I guess my signature doesn't make any sense/is rather scarey. :stick_out_tongue:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
My new signature:

My sisters can't call me crazy- they're related to my mom, too.

Ok, now for the origin. I was at a party, and we were talking about how our siblings perceive us. One person said that their older brother always calls them crazy. And I said, "Oh, well see, my sisters can't call me crazy- they're related to my mom, too." And then I thought, "ooh, that's going to be my next signature!" So there it is.

Ziffel

Reaction score
This goofy signature is a memory from the early 70's but not of classic SS. I was playing downstairs with some other boys in the neighborhood and my dad came to the top of the steps and said, "Hey if you guys want any refreshments come up to the kitchen." Then we all made a mad dash up the steps to the kitchen. Then this one boy named Mike said, "As soon as he said rrrrrrrrr (the first letter of refreshments), I started running up the stairs". The rest of us just kind of smiled a little and then kept eating and talking. Then Mike repeated the same sentence. And he repeated it quite a bit of times after that too. It was like he was proud of himself for coming up with that line but not satisfied with the level of response we were giving him on it. Looking back at that incident really cracks me up. One time I talked with him as adults I brought this up to him and he didn't recall saying this (not surprising since he was only about 6 or 7. How I recall goofy stuff like this from over 30 years ago I don't know!).

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
"Hey if you guys want any refreshments come up to the kitchen."
Your dad actually served refreshments? If my parents ever offered me and my friends anything it would be ice cubes. Just kidding. It is funny that you mention a friend who felt the need to repeat something to get a reaction from his friends. I'm reminded of an old friend of mine, this was back in middle school, we were waiting at the bus stop on a rainy day. Our bus stop was at a corner street facing a very steep street that ran down in front of us. On this particular day, the rain was washing over the street quite rapidly. My friend pointed to it and declared, "Hey look, it looks like a freakin' river." None of us replied to his remark, so he felt the need to repeat it. Again we did not respond, so he repeated himself at least three or four more times. Finally we decided to pay him some attention, but not the kind he was after. We made fun of him until the bus finally came.

I had another friend who was the opposite. He had a bit of a quick wit, and he could be pretty funny at times. However, he had a habit of repeating funny punchlines. So he would tell a story the first time and get a good reaction. Then he would repeat the punchline and the laughter sort of died down. Then he'd repeat it again and the laughter became forced. After the fourth time the laughter stopped completely and he was left with an uncomfortable silence. You'd think he would have learned to quit after the first time, but he continued that habit from elementary school all the way up to high school.

I guess some of us just have a knack for recalling goofy stuff, Ziffel. I had forgotten about these two jokers until I read your antecdote.