Your Sesame Street Era

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
What is everyone's Sesame Street Era. The years in which you watched the most episodes? Mine was probably 1984-1994 after that it got too weird and I only tuned into the show occasionally. It wasn't worth watching every day anymore when they brought in all those new charachters and starting phasing out the old ones. But at least I had one good solid decade in which I watched the show almost every day and enjoyed every minute of it :stick_out_tongue: :frown:

BEAR

Reaction score
I started watching since I was a baby. I was born in 1981. I watched regularly for quite a while and then just occassionally when i could. I still turn it on now but only for new episodes. So I have been watching on and off for almost 24 years including the specials and feature films.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hmmm. I'm not sure. I think I started watching around the time Mr. Hooper died. I remember most 80s episodes. My brother was born in 1986 and I remember watching it with him when he was little. I'd say I stopped sometime before the 90s. Though I remember a few shows I've seen in the 90s. I've noticed that was around the time they changed the opening and closing credits.

superfan

Reaction score
From 1976 up to 1990 pretty consistently. On my summer vacations from school you could usually find me watching it. After that it's been relatively sporadic...but I try to keep up to date. Thankfully I'm in the childcare profession, so that's kept me in the loop of many children's shows in general.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Being born in 1967 I was from the original SS viewing era! I watched regularly from 1969-1977.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
various eras

Although I never really stopped watching it, There have been times that I watched the show more than others.

I wathced the show a lot from 1984 untill 1991 (i'm guessing that I watched it since I was born), but although there are many segments, songs, and characters from that time period that I remember well (without the help of the internet or any research sources), i don't remember very many plots from the 1980s (there are some plots that I remember that may have been from after 1990). There are also a lot of characters from that time that I remember well, but don't remember very many specific moments with (which I might have forgotten about if it weren't for video releases, the internet, or Sesame Street Unpaved). Moments with characters like Bruno, Sherlock Hemlcok, Lefty, Simon Soundman, Biff, Sully, Barkly, Grungetta, Irvine, Forgetful Jones, Placedo Flamingo, and Fat Blue.

Then, I saw this show quite a bit from 1993-1995, and I remember more specific moments from this time period than the earlier one. After that, I watched almost every episode from season 30, and i watched the show alot during the 35th season. I have watched some of the season 36 episodes, but not many.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Mostly late 70's-early 80's, although I watched the Canadian version, so the street segments may have been behind a year or so, I'm not sure.

SesameMike

Reaction score
From the premiere in late '69 until 1977. I hardly missed an episode during that time. I remember, in the mid-70s, longing for early sketches that had been retired by then, such as Buddy and Jim, along with certain favorite street scenes. Some of them I finally got to see again when Noggin came along.

SesameStreetGuy

Reaction score
I started watching it probably around 1990 sometime, than I stopped around maybe mid 1994, and didn't get back into it until mid 1996, than I would turn into it occasionally and still do.

SS seemed cool in the Mid 80s-1992, though the 70s and early 80s was pretty cool too.