Your Muppet Questions

That Announcer

Reaction score
While I will make no effort to call myself a "Muppet expert", I have started this thread as a question-and-answer. I am unsure if a thread like this has been started before as I am fairly new on the forum, but if it hasn't, then this is your source for asking Muppet questions. If a Muppet question is asked and you know the answer to it, go ahead and put it up. If this thread helps you in any way, I have finally done something good for the online Muppet community! Anybody can post here, of any member status, of any age, of any Muppet IQ level. Questions can be directed towards certain people, if you wish. And if you are a Muppet expert (or a puppeteer) check back frequently. Who knows? You could help somebody out!

So go ahead and start posting.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
"Muppet IQ level". that makes me smile.
I don't have any outstanding questions at the moment, but if anybody does, and I happen to have an idea as to the answer...

That Announcer

Reaction score
Yes, "Muppet IQ level." I wonder if eventually in our high schools, in addition to the SAT, LSAT and PSAT we'll have MSAT- Muppet Standard Aptitude Test! Think about it-

15. STATLER is to GONZO as CLIFFORD is to...
a) FOZZIE
B) KERMIT
C) PIGGY
D) ROBIN

unclematt

Reaction score
thatannouncer said:
Yes, "Muppet IQ level." I wonder if eventually in our high schools, in addition to the SAT, LSAT and PSAT we'll have MSAT- Muppet Standard Aptitude Test! Think about it-

15. STATLER is to GONZO as CLIFFORD is to...
a) FOZZIE
B) KERMIT
C) PIGGY
D) ROBIN
What is the answer o the above question?

It is driving me crazy.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
If it is a made-up question then it must have a made-up answer so i'll go with:

E) :big_grin:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Okay, I've got a question that popped in my head.
In a TMS skit featuring the Muppet Glee Club (season one, but I forget the special guest), the glee club decides on singing "Temptation". Now Kermit says: "Piggy, Honey? You sing the chorus." Now I know Richard did Piggy mostly in the begining, but it sounded like Frank's voice when the response came in the positive, but when the solo was sung, it was clearly Richard (and a little too manly at times as well). So my question is: Did Frank pass up singing roles toward Muppeteers with better singing voices in the begining? Or was what I heard all Richard doing a very good job of Frank's voice in the dialogue?

That Announcer

Reaction score
unclematt said:
What is the answer o the above question?

It is driving me crazy.
I suppose if you think hard enough, it could be B) KERMIT. Reason: it's a roundabout.

Statler is performed by Steve Whitmire, and Gonzo by Dave Goelz. So, if Clifford is performed by Kevin Clash, Steve must come back, and so B) is the right answer.

HPDJ

Reaction score
I haven't seen it in ages, so did John Cleese spoof "Fawlty Towers" on his TMS episode?