1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Muppet Christmas Decor

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Hubert, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Since it's Christmastime, I've become interested in Muppet Christmas decorations, making me curious as to what everyone has in that area of merch.

For me, I have a few things, not overly abundant, but a few. My favorite is the Muppet Advent Calendar (the Muppet version of O. Henry's famous story). I also have some fun Muppet clay ornaments that I bought at a department store a few years back, which are the heads and upper bodies of Muppets with a plastic ball connected underneath where Christmas candy once was. I have those of Beaker, Fozzie, Animal, and Kermit, the only four that I know were made. I also have Kermit and Miss Piggy circular ornaments that I bought as part of a craft kit, where you paint the ornaments, and I only ever painted the Kermit one. And then I also have a Big Bird on skis ornament and a Bert and Ernie in a bobsled ornament, plus the Hallmark Beaker Ode to Joy ornament.

Moving away from ornaments, I also have one of those Mahna Mahna knockoff moving plushes that when you press the foot, it plays Mahna Mahna (a non-Muppet version that sounds like a Muppet version almost). I believe Tough Pigs wrote an article about them when they first started appearing. I have the red one with the green hat.

So what does everyone else have?
  2. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

I also have the Mahna Mahna monster, along with a Kermit Nutcracker, Assorted Ornaments (Target, Hallmark, Disney Store). I guess that is it...kinda boring :sympathy:
  3. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I just have the Kermit that sings "Jingle Bells" that I got from Walgreens on my book shelf. Which my hubby insists on playing the thing EVERYDAY! :mad:
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  4. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

You have to keep rubbing that thing in, don't ya? :p And that would really go well in my collection of singing Christmas animals, too...

And if I had that, I'd be like your husband, better yet, I'd play it every time I walked in the general vicinity of it.
  5. Pinkflower7783

Just stating the fact he's getting more enjoyment out of it then me. :p He plays it in the morning and also in the evening when I'm trying to go to sleep! Don't get me wrong I like the song but I don't feel like hearing Kermit sing:
    "Piggy's at my side she's looking for romance Oh no! She's holding mistletoe now I don't stand a chance" to the tune of "Jingle Bells" in my ear at 12:00PM. :mad:
  6. MuppetGuy75

MuppetGuy75 Active Member

I've got quite a bit of Muppet Christmas things that I decorate with for the holidays. I've got so many ornaments I just deceided to go ahead and do a Muppet tree in one room. I've also got Hallmark decorations, a few books, and several plush Kermits. Last year I got some cool Muppet window clings and a singing Kermit from Walgreens that just cracks me up! :)
  7. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

I've got an Animal and Beaker ornament. That's it. :sigh: (I need to get the Fozzie one, pronto) ;)
  8. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

*gasp*

Wait, I didn't know that the singing Kermit sang custom lyrics! Awesome!

I'm interested in finding out about these Muppet window clings...do you know where you got them and what brand they are?
  9. Pinkflower7783

Yes...it's basically Jingle Bells but with a Muppet twist. :p
  10. MuppetGuy75

MuppetGuy75 Active Member

I bought the window clings at Walgreens last year. One sheet has Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, a "Merry Christmas" logo, and several snowflakes. I think I paid $1.50 for it.... not sure if they have them again this year but it might not hurt to look! :)
  11. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

I have five homemade Muppet ornaments. They all have medium-sized styrofoam balls for the heads & colored yarn for the skin.
    Kermit has light green yarn, foam eyes (on which I drew his trademark eye design), a felt mouth, and a foam collar. :)
    Fozzie Bear has golden yellow yarn, plastic googly eyes that you find in craft stores, a strip of red felt for his mouth, a pink pom-pom nose, two golden yellow pom-poms for ears, brown felt for the eyebrows, and a felt hat that my mom sewed for him. :o
    Animal has orange yarn, red feathers for hair, black feathers for eyebrows, googly eyes, an orange pom-pom nose, and a black felt mouth with foam teeth. :halo:
    Dr. Bunsen Honeydew has bright yellow yarn, a felt nose and mouth, foam ears, and pipe cleaners for glasses. :confused:
    Beaker is in his own category. He is made from a toilet paper tube with pink yarn, googly eyes, an orange pom-pom for the nose, a red felt mouth, and orange feathers for hair. :eek:
    charlietheowl likes this.
  12. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Wow, those homemade ornaments sound really cool, cjd874. I love all the creativity that was put into them. And if you ever think about it, we'd love to see some pics of those.

Thanks for the reply. (Though once again, stuff is always where I can't access it :sigh:) But those do sound really cool...I'll have to look around online for them.
  13. Pinkflower7783

Guess it's back to Walgreens for me this week. :p
  14. PhiNuBlue

PhiNuBlue Member

Haven't been on here in a loooooooong time. I have lots in my collection which is driving my fiance crazy. :) Some people just don't understand.

A lot of my stuff has been gifts. :)

I also have the Muppet advent calendar - a gift from my Aunt.
    The Kermit stocking holder from like 1981?
    I also have the singing Kermit and the red monster.
    And when I got my singing Kermit last year I also picked up the Kermit with the scarf on.
    A tiny Christmas book featuring the muppets.
    My sweedish chef action figure dressed as santa. I also put a pair of penguins out with him.
    A wooden Kermit countdown.

A little pin of Kermits head with a Santa hat. I have had that since I was a baby. My parents used to pin it on my little apron/bib.

Ornaments...soooo many. I have the disney story book set. I have the ornaments that were available at Carlton Cards/American greetings. I have the ones hallmark released just before that like Kermit on the bike or caroling on a tree branch and i think miss piggy and kermit skating. And I have hallmark beeker, fozzie, statler and waldorf and the sweedish chef. Somehow I missed Animal. Not sure what happened there... I have one old hallmark satin ball from the 80s and i have a kermit tying himself to a present but my dog (puppy at the time) might have chewed his foot off last year. :( Working on replacing it after Christmas as they seem to cost more right now. And I have the hallmark fraggle rock one from 1985 or 86? but that one is at my parents house. I will also be having a muppet tree. In his exaspiration by the sheer amount of ornaments I have collected (a couple hundred to his 6 ornaments total) my fiance accidently suggested it (not seriously - although i took it that way) so in the next couple years I will be hunting down a medium sized tree and making a tree skirt and topper and possibly some homemade ornaments.
    MuppetGuy75 likes this.
  15. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Oh, yes! I just remembered thanks to PhiNuBlue that I have another piece I forgot to post about, a Kermit Stocking Hanger from 1980 (which I'm assuming might be the one that PhiNuBlue also has.)
  16. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I WISH I had all the cool Muppets Christmas decorations that used to be made. All I've got is a little Kermit Nutcracker, Santa Chef from Palisades, and ONE Kermit ornament (where he's bringing the gang their gifts). Well, and I've got my Build-A-Bear Kermit & Piggy dressed-up in Christmas outfits. ;) I've thought about getting window paint and doing a Christmas window out front, but that would take time that I do not have... but it sure would be cool! :)
    MuppetGuy75 likes this.
  17. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Hi again! Although the holidays have passed, I finally got around to taking pictures of my homemade ornaments! 2 group shots & portraits of Kermit, Animal, Fozzie, Bunsen & Beaker.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/dscn8280.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/dscn8281a.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/210/dscn8283k.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/72/dscn8284d.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/19/dscn8285o.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/dscn8286l.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/dscn8287f.jpg/
    MuppetGuy75 likes this.
  18. PhiNuBlue

PhiNuBlue Member

Those look excellent! Love them!!!
    cjd874 likes this.