Your Gonzo Replica Pictures

mrsieve

Reaction score
From what Frogboy said, I guess mine was the only one that was like that. Unless there are others out there that have the same situation, I am not really sure. It could have been that the factory just forgot to close his mouth when they packaged him or he was screaming to get out of the box! :concern:
MC, you might want to sleep with one eye open, just in case you have a "Chucky" Gonzo on your hands :wink:.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Kermit takes some time (and some light smooshing) to warm him up. Gonzo - out of the box - looks amazing. Yeah, there are some tweaks here and there I will make to him (updates will come on that) but...drumroll...Gonzo, while not perfect, is my favorite of the bunch! :concern:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Thats great news Jamie.... my fav pic are of Gonzo with his eyes wide open. Are you gonna pose him like that?

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thanks for posting the great pics, I am also SOOOO jelous as I dont have him yet.

He looks great. I feel a bit of a pattern here, each replica gets bombarded with criticism, then when the final product comes out nealy everyone loves it!

He simply looks fantastic, I feel that Gonzo is going to have a more ''playable posability'' factor, like Kermit did, which I didnt really get from Animal. Love the clothes, love the box, love the return of the lining in the box.

Quick question for those out there that Have Gonzo. If you remove the bow tie do you need to re tie it, or is it fastened some other way? I cant tie Bow-ties!

I want mine now!

Chris

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I knew MR wouldn't let us down! He looks amazing, even better than Travis' (sorry Travis) pics. Sure, there are always things to pick at but from what I can see he will be a great addition. Can't wait to receive mine now!

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
MC, you might want to sleep with one eye open, just in case you have a "Chucky" Gonzo on your hands :wink:.

You know, that was a thought I had awhile back. It's ironic that you thought it also!

Quick qustion for those out there that Have Gonzo. If you remove the bow tie do you need to re tie it, or is it fastened some other way? I cant Bow-ties!
It fastens in the back with velcro. You won't be having to tie a bowtie!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I was among those giving Gonzo fairly stern criticism, however it was based on some really crummy photographs. I honestly don't see how you can get those pictures out of this product. Yeah, having photographic and design skills help, but they really aren't needed with him. He is really beautiful.

Of note: The nose fabric is one of the first things noticed by the few I have shown Gonzo in person. It is unfortunate, but quickly passes. I would stop short of calling it a completely "authentic" photo puppet because of this issue. There's nothing that really can be done about the fabric and even though it's there - this is item is a replica, not just a fairly accurate doll that the "monkey pictures" portray.

I woke up with him staring right at me (well one of the eyes) and I smiled. Once I tweak the eyes I'll be very happy. :concern:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I don't know about you Jamie, but I think he is quite heavier than his fellow Muppet friends. Probably cause of all the clothing and his shoes must play some role in his weight.

Luke

Reaction score
There's nothing that really can be done about the fabric and even though it's there - this is item is a replica, not just a fairly accurate doll that the "monkey pictures" portray.
He seems to "pop" much more in a group shot. I guess thats because rather than be drawn to him closely they all just blend as a troupe like we are used to. Muppetcapers group shot is my favorite so far. Any chance of a group shot Jamie?