Your Feedback: Season 2 Muppet Show Guides

anathema

Reaction score
Smy Guiley said:
Beautiful! Just beautiful! The amount of detail you guys cover still amazes me. BTW, how are you getting full length UK copies of the show if most of them were never released? (probably a dumb question, I guess someone in the UK taped them, huh?) The quality of the pics is stunning. Being as I've been storing my episodes on VCD (which is only about VHS quality) I was taken aback by the clarity of the screen shots.

Bravo!

I'll be referring back to the guide periodically for reference.
Thanks!

eric
All bar four of the shows come from DVD releases - either the US or the French ones. Of the others, three come from VHS copies of Dutch broadcasts of the show, and the fourth from a UK VHS release.

Beauregard

Reaction score
wow, pretty good. I love the pic of the Performers, and have set it as my desktop background for today.

Cool stuff.

Beauregard

Drtooth

Reaction score
Pfft... it's about time...

Hah hah ha... just kidding. :wink:

I had to do a rush on reading and writing this between writing papers, and if this intro is any indication, the season 2 guide will eclipse the hard work and enjoyability of the first guide. Great stuff is indeed on the way at Muppet Central...

We are all anxiously looking forward to what will be a great recap of the episodes! Congratulations and thanks for this labor of love! :big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
I echo the others comments about how fantastic this is and add my own thanks times ten. It is truly wonderful to have something this perfect, detailed and comprehensive on a Muppet website.

BlueAM

Reaction score
I LOVED 'EM!

I especially like the pics of the monsters, misc. characters, and WHATNOTS!
The Whatnot folks I like best include the gypsies from Peter Sellers' gypsy number, Burlington Bertie, the robbers, the Half Man, the Time Man, and others. I rully wished I could see pics from "The Ant and the Grasshopper".

Anyway, I wanna know when you'll be adding the rest of the guides, starting with Season 3. I especially wanna see pics from the Spike Milligan, Elke Sommer, and Roger Miller episodes, since I have never seen those episodes before and would like to read those guides.

Take care, Phil!

BlueAM

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I didn't get a chance to comment on the TMS guides for season 2, or the ones for season one for that matter, so I thought I'd say a few things here. They're really great. I like all the pics and everything. Just a few comments. I've noticed you didn't say who the patient was for some Vet's Hospital skits (particularly the Lou Rowls episode. I remember seeing that ep a long time ago, but I don't remember who the patient was.) There was another thing I wanted to ask too, but I forget what it was, something about an ep having a connection with The Muppet Movie. I'll have to re-read some of the episode notes and see if I could remember what it was I wanted to ask about. Another thing, for the season one eps, maybe you should clarify when it's Richard and when it's Frank performing Miss Piggy. (I know you mention that sometimes in the episode notes, but other times it doesn't seem to be very clear.) When I read some of her quotes, I have trouble picturing which voice she would have had. (Ex: "You're the monster!" in the Lena Horne ep) Also, do you think you'll ever write outlines for seasons 3-5. Please let me know about that. Talk to you later.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There are plans for 3-5, but these aren't some cheapy TV Tome guides. They take time. It likely takes a few days for each ep. They can't include *every* detail but I think the levels are just right.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Phillip

This may interests you for your guide :

Notes. These dates refer to the London-area ITV transmissions - however only 23 of the 24 first-series episodes were screened in the capital. All 24 were broadcast in the Midlands (ATV's own area), beginning on 5 September 1976, seven weeks ahead of London, but ending on 23 April 1977, three weeks after. Forty-five of the 120 episodes were screened by BBC1 from 8 February 1986 to 7
October 1987.

Transmission Details:

Number of episodes: 120 Length: 30 mins

Series One (24) 24 Oct 1976-2 Apr 1977, Sun 5.35pm then Sat 5.15pm
Series Two (30) 30 Sep 1977-23 Apr 1978, Fri 7pm then Sun 7.15pm
Series Three (18) 17 Nov 1978-9 Mar 1979, mostly Fri 7pm
Series Four (24) 24 Oct 1979-4 Apr 1980, Fri mostly 7pm
Series Five (24) 5 Oct 1980-15 Mar 1981, Sun 5.30pm

courtesy of BBCi (bbc.co.uk)