Your Feedback: Muppet Central Radio on Live365

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi David,

How fast is your Internet connection? MC Radio now streams at 64k so your connection should probably be at least 128k to stream reliably while trying to do other Internet tasks. Here's some more information on why we made this change about a month ago...

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=29998

Also, there may have been an issue yesterday on the net affecting reliability from the US to New Zealand. If there was a problem anywhere on the path from Live365 to you it would definitely affect stream reliability.

David French

Reaction score
Hi Phillip,

The problem is at my end unfortunately - I'm still on dial-up. Have been trying to persuade family members that we should upgrade but it seems to be falling on deaf ears at the moment.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Yeah, I love listenting to MC radio but don't even try at home anymore....we get 20kb/s on a good day.

Dial up makes me sad.

I haven't listened in a while, but have been for the past week or so, and Phil, it HAS been a while since I listened, but it seems that the rotation series is MUCH better. I've barely heard the same song twice! I think it's probably all the stuff you've added :big_grin:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sarah, glad you are enjoying all the music. Yes, we are always striving to keep the rotation fresh and timely. There is a lot of new music that will be added in 2007 which I'm working on now, so please keep listening.

We hope that current dial-up users will have a chance to listen again in the near-future. It was a difficult decision to increase our sound-quality because we knew we'd loose a few dial-up listeners, however, the vast majority of folks listen via a broadband connection so that was the reason we went that route.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I don't want to start anything but what's the point in these changes when the dial up folks are inconveinenced?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The point is the station was in mono 32k before, now it's in stereo 64k at twice the sound quality. These changes were explained a month ago. I asked for feedback then from dial-up users who were used to listening and not one responded. This is the first time it has come up from a New Zealand listener.

Even if we stayed at the dial-up level, it still required a great dial-up connection in order to hold the stream and if that user browsed the Internet or checked e-mail, the stream would usually buffer anyway.

This was a change that was going to happen at some point. More and more people move to high-speed Internet daily so it made since to provide the vast majority or our listeners higher sound quality if we could do it.

Read more here...

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=29998

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Olivia & George Benson/ Friend For all Seasons.

I posted a clip of this from youtube in the Classic SS section. It says it was included on an SS LP called In Harmony but I'm wondering was the song for that particualer album for was that a George Benson original?

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
What is this, Fraggle Day? I've lost track, maybe 9 or 10 have just played in a row. Not that I'm complaining...
Please tell us what we have done to deserve this, 'cause I'm gonna keep on doin' it!
:big_grin:

Whoops, please ignore this.
:embarrassed:

SillyRed

Reaction score
I helped add Dixie Chicks' "Rainbow Connection" to the rotation. I bet it will be 1 of the added songs in 2007, right, Phillip?

Status
Not open for further replies.