Your Feedback: Forum Rules

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I wonder what would happen if I clicked Beauregard's Repot to moderator button?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Regarding going off topic. It's okay to nudge your way out a little bit if you get back on, but what if the question has been posted and the full answer has been given? Can we just go ahead and do what we do best?! LOL!!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah. It's just an issue of common sense. We all get off topic, but if it stays on that path too much, an alternate thread should be formed and the user can easily provide a link to it. :smile:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I thought we were on topic. Isn't it possible to stay on topic and make idiots of oursevles at the same time?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Crazy Harry
I thought we were on topic. Isn't it possible to stay on topic and make idiots of oursevles at the same time?
I think you just did.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
Now, what exactly is meant by "false information?"

Alot of times we'll say something false just jokingly. Like, recently one member jokingly said that Sweetums was controlled by barb wire. Now, it's obviously not true, but, how far is too far?
I think you would classify 'false information' as anything you write that isn't obviously a joke and could be taken seriously by other people. For instance making up news releases and posting them as fact, or like with the Palisades forum the other day - some guy said that Series 4 had arrived at his local Target and lots of people spent their hard earned spare time and money taking a trip to their local stores too.

Basically here we rely on trust and what each other find and report for Muppety information. If hoaxes happen and they are serious ones then we'll start to question that trust a lot more and it'd probably lead to anyone but the most well known members getting heavily interogated about any news they post, and i guess that'd put them off posting any more they find later so it would lead to a bad atmosphere here and less people willing to share their info.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think that we all just need to use our commen sense, and everything will be fine. I mean one harmless post about Sweetums being cotroled with bull-whips is different to posting that The Jim Henson Company has just been bought by Disney. (DISCLAIMER: The Jim Henson Company has NOT been bought by Disney.)

Same with going off topic.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, common sense is the key. As we have talked about before, it you want to make a joke, put it in the "Fun and Games" folder.