Your Feedback: Forum Rules

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Earlier today, we unveiled our forum rules. The rules are accessible at the top of the announcements folder within our forum. We will also have these in place for new users so that they are aware of the rules from the beginning.

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/announcement.php?forumid=4

We hope that these guidelines will continue to make our forum an enjoyable and beneficial place for fans to visit around the around.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Does this mean we may get a warning for muffining a thread? And/or termination for changing a topic?

What will happen to thoe who put *%^$&£ in their posts?

How many warnings before a termination? Do we get a trail and a chace to defned ourselfs?

Are we still alowed to mess around?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does this mean we may get a warning for muffining a thread? And/or termination for changing a topic?

We usually give a warning both publicly on the forum and privately via e-mail. After that necessary action will be taken. There are extreme cases (spam, highly offensive posts, public harassment) where we need to take action immediately

What will happen to thoe who put *%^$&£ in their posts?

We will ask them to stop. If someone continually tries to work around the swear filter, appropriate action will be taken.

How many warnings before a termination? Do we get a trail and a chace to defned ourselfs?

See the first answer.

Are we still alowed to mess around?

Sure, it wouldn't be a Muppet forum without fun and zaniness. Just keep the fun within the guidelines. Most all of the rules we have had for a long time. We just wanted to put them in one centralized location as a reference for users.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Yeesh, I'll have to remember the "*****" thing in case I get out of hand then.

And I just want to say the "We are notorious for talking about penguins, muffins, and whatnot..." was hilarious, yet true.

But my question is, if my signature did happen to be five or six lines long, would you also give me a warning?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the near future, there will be a character/line limit on signatures built within the forum software. It will work kind of like right now with smilies, you can only put 5 in a post. More than 5 and you have to edit the message before it is posted.

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
About the staying on topic thing, does that apply to ze board of random randomness?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not really, since it is a random discussion. So actually staying on topic might mean you are staying off topic in this one particular case.

:embarrassed:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I like the guidelines alright. Of course, I'm the last person to say I like on-tpicness. :smile: No, I know not to go too far now. It upsets people.

Anyway, there is one question that has been bugging me. In Ze Board of Random Randomness thread, do the rules about blank space still apply? Just curious. I think I know the answer, but, just thought I'd ask.

I like the rules about swearing. So, stuff like the AT sign followed by the double dollar sign would no longer be accepted, correct? Are euphemisms aloud to a certain degree?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
LOL!

Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Not really, since it is a random discussion. So actually staying on topic might mean you are staying off topic in this one particular case.

:embarrassed:
Cute. Real cute.

:smile: :wink: :smile: :wink: