Your Favorite Sesame Street Song or Sketch

Crazy31088

Reaction score
What is your all time favorite muppet song or sketch on "Sesame Street"?

Mine is "Put Down the Duckie", the uncut version with all of the celebrities (it was worthless without them). I'm sorry, but it's just so silly, it still gets me.

jediX

Reaction score
"I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" gets me every single time.

prickle747

Reaction score
my favorite sketch,can't get enough of.......

The E & B sketch (1969) when bert blames ernie for eating his piece of chocolate cake. "ERNIE YOU ATE THE CAKE,YOU ATE IT !!" then our famous beautiful day monster enters and eats the last piece of cake,hmmmm good,hold napkin,hold napkin !!,here's fork,here's fork.........BYE.

jediX

Reaction score
It's very old, but I adore the sketch where Kermit is singing the alphabet w/ a little girl...
"q r s, t u cookie monster!" and the little girl says she loves him [as in Kermit]. Boy, that sketch was adorable.

Crazy31088

Reaction score
Wow....I've never heard of either of the last two...that last one DOES sound adorable, I'd have loved to have seen it.

It wasn't until long after I started this thread the image that really sticks out to me from Put Down the Duckie....the late, great Madeline Kahn singing it with Rubber Duckie on her head, like she doesn't even know it. That cracks me up every time!

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Crazy31088 said:
What is your all time favorite muppet song or sketch on "Sesame Street"?
The Alligator King was always a huge favorite in our house. I also enjoyed the Guy Smiley "This is Your Life" skits and "Monsterpiece Theater" with Cookie Monster quite a bit. I have MANY other faves but those are the first ones to come to mind.

danniam2188

Reaction score
ive allways liked "we are all earthlings" and i used to love the skits with grover as a waiter for the blue guy

jediX

Reaction score
The only time I've ever seen it was on the Celebration of 30 Years special. I'm sure one of the hardcore SS people knows when it was aired.