Your Favorite Kermit The Frog Moments

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I love Kermit, and I love when he gets so frustrated at Fonzie, Piggy, and Grover.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
This is a cool discussion. :smile: Well I can certainly say it's hard to answer a question in terms of my personal favorite Muppet because I think what really captured my interest in The Muppets was how television style puppetry was developed as well as the the building of the characters and how they are worked. As well as the writing of the comedy and the collaboration of puppetry and rock music which has been probably the most influence to me as an artist. Though in terms of Kermit, there's so many great aspects of Kermit. First his design, it's very simple. He's like a hand with fleece cover it. Very flexable and a light weight character so Jim and later down the road Steve would develop these facial expressions like Kermit's trademark "sheesh" grumpy look when his face gets all scrunched up or his shocked expression when the tip of his head rises up. Though I remember Jim's quote on how he never liked how puppetry was analyzed because puppetry does what it does, so I guess I should just let the artform speak for itself, lol Next Kermit's character, his personality. Sometimes what's very fascinating in terms of evolution is allowing characters to grow over periods of time. Something that is rarely done on television now a days unless a show is a hit. Kermit started out very smark allicy that played the comic through out the years. Even when he was on Late Night... Here's a perfect example...

Though as Kermit developed, be went more for the straightman position in comedy. But though his next trademark well more with Jim's Kermit then Steve's was Kermit's anger management.

(I just discovered this clip, must have been the first Sesame Street News Flash. Though what I love about this clip the most is how Kermit is right in the camera's face pointing his mic shouting. lol I love it :smile: )

And as Kermit developed and finalized evelution within Jim's Kermit. Kermit developed this sense of maturity. But what's really interesting about Jim's later Kermit was Kermit just became more realistic within his personality. And that's one of the most beautiful aspects of The Muppets where you completely forget that they are puppets because the performances seen so real, we believe that they are moving and walking and talking when the camera is off and there's no Muppeteers. lol It's amazing art.

Also when Jim and Frank developed Kermit and Miss Piggy as a team, it's just hysterical. Miss Piggy with this everlasting crush on Kermit and in her mind only they are a happy couple who have little Fig (cross between a Frog and a Pig) children running around in their home in Maine. lol While Kermit denies all of this stuff and how the personalities just are at each others throats basicly. Miss Piggy's um..over assertiveness and many layers of aspects of herself that she's covering up to make herself something she's not and Kermit's anger management problems. It just comes out hilarious. lol I remember hearing many times what Miss Piggy's character was in the words of Frank Oz. "She's fat, she's untalented, she can't sing, she doesn't have a sense of humor, she's not pretty, Kermit doesn't really love her, and she's a pig. The world's against her so she covers up all this pain and that's what makes her funny." It's very fascinating. Though it seems to relate more to Frank's Miss Piggy and not so much Eric Jacobson's Miss Piggy in my opinion. Eric does great with Frank's characters but in my opinion it's just not the same. Anyway, here's Kermit and Miss Piggy at their best. lol I hope this comes to an official DVD release someday :smile:

Though I like to mention within my conclusion that no matter where Kermit went. If it's with The Muppets or Sesame Street. Kermit's personality stayed the same. That's what I loved about the classic Sesame is how the characters taught as if they were educating adults and not patronizing. Even on Sesame, Kermit had anger management problems. lol

(I miss when Sesame was like this lol)

To conclude everything, well we all know that Jim's no longer with us and Steve took over Kermit in 1990 and continues to this day. Though I think the one golden thing that is the same with Steve's Kermit and Jim's Kermit is the inner spirit. The kind happy moral side of Kermit is very similar which is great. Steve's major role with Kermit after The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson (which was more of a minor role) was of course The Muppet Christmas Carol. And I really wanted to post a clip of Kermit singing "One More Sleep Until Christmas" because it's defenatly one of the most heart-filled moments that I remember of Steve's Kermit. Though I'm sure that Disney took the clip down due to the new re-released remastered verson that's on DVD. So like me, go get the new DVD :smile: My favorite Steve Kermit moments was in Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island. :smile: It really highlighted Kermit's moral side of honesty and caring, I'm not sure how to describe it. There's this sense of Kermit's sweet side that was very similar to Jim's. And what's very interesting in watching Kermit currently is that Kermit's voice is becoming slightly deeper which is starting to sound more like Jim's Kermit like ever before. It's very interesting :smile:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I love Kermit, and I love when he gets so frustrated at Fonzie, Piggy, and Grover.
Fonzie? I didn't know he was a Muppet. "Ayyyyy...."

But yeah, who doesn't love Kermit? He's just so... lovable! And I really give props to Jim and Steve for making Kermit into such a great character.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yes please! I need to have a meeting with my word program, That was the spelling that it gave me. also with the n in Fozzie My letter N has taken a unpaid union break and does whatever it likes. Sorry folks I was really wanting to make this right and used a spell check right before I posted it.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Yes please! I need to have a meeting with my word program, That was the spelling that it gave me. also with the n in Fozzie My letter N has taken a unpaid union break and does whatever it likes. Sorry folks I was really wanting to make this right and used a spell check right before I posted it.
No worries, I'm a bad speller myself. A Talented writer but a bad speller. That's what spell check is for, but yeah some spell checks are lousy so I go to Google to find the right spelling. If it's a thesaurus word or longer word that's not very common in casual english, it would take me awhile or figure out a word that means the same thing. So no worries. lol

As long as we don't type like Fozzie Bear and get our necktypes caught in the typewriter, I'm sure we're safe. lol "Laggies and Gegglefins, Welcome Again Tiny Mopple Shocks. My name is Kermit the Forg? THE FORG?" lol

Anyway back to Kermit,

Here's one of my favorite moments from Sesame. And I just crack up at the close up of Kermit's mouth for some reason. lol

Isn't it funny that Kermit's house is shown only on Sesame Street and Kermit's job is on The Muppet Show. Perhaps The Muppet Show is Kermit's weekend job since it's a show per week and Sesame Street News is his day job. lol Perhaps we'll never know. lol

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Did you know in colonial times that they did not emphasize spelling at school as long as you could sound out the words.....one ad place in a newspaper by a teacher said that he taught "writeing and spilling"....and I will stop being the history teaching nerd that I am and return you to your regularly scheduled thread...though I was wondering if this thread was about ghost Kermits at first....and yeah Kermit is pretty awesome

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
As someone stated Kermit is the believer, dreamer, he is the hero!